• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do you like to do with your snowbike

What do you do or want to do the most!

• Snocross

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Mountain Riding

Votes: 196 87.5%
  • Trail

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • All the above!

Votes: 14 6.3%

• Total voters

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
You have not listed the most important thing of them all. Boondocking!
I chose Mountain riding, but I really only will go boondocking. That will of course include "mountains", but nevertheless Boondocking is the correct term. I think there are more than me that misses that alternative.

Rob

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Good point, I meant that to be included it mountain as a mountain setup will also boondock well on a snow bike, but I should have included it.

I bought a used kitted bike this summer 01 KTM 520 EXC 2-moto and I've only got about 75miles on it so far, but boondocking is a blast on my single track loop that we run in the summer. We also have a pitbike track at the house that is helping build my trust before heading deeper into the hills. Also had my 22yr old daughter on it today she had a blast. Big step up from her pit bike now she wants one.

Last edited:

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
snowbiken

I went for a snowbike ride this weekend. took the home built snowbike and the explorer. Had the most fun i've had in awhile thats for sure. snow wasn't the best but good enough for the bikes.

I tried a few different ski setups on the kx. first day i used the explorer ski worked good on and off trail but seemed grabby in both situations. No way i could keep up with the explorer on the trail.. next day i switched to the simmons gen 2 with my lock out system. pivot on trail works good hard to tell the difference between the 2 skis. off the trail which is where i normally ride put the lock up in, best thing since sliced bread.. All the logs i went over it just glided across and turns on the hill awsome. With out the pivot on the trail is like suicide, don't know how you 2 moto and timbersled guys do it.
overall i must say my home built kx mtn. rocks

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
I used a 121 hawk track. Not selling it. Just come back from Cooke city snow was awsome. Only rode the kx for awhile. It was very cold and my running problem come back. Thought it was just jetting so come back down to change jets. When I pulled the carb off the intake was frosted over clogging the vent holes in the throat. Don't know what to do now but thinking about a heated carb like on the snowhawks. Anyone have a suggestion. It is amaizing what I can do with this kit floats so well and side hills like a mother.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
That looks awesome

I have a ZX2 sitting here and was going to do the same thing .

With the ZX2 it will have way more flex sideways and should be much better on the trails than the Mt horse but have the same great flotation and deep snow Capability.

Looks awesome.

I will build on on for my wr 450 with - e start and recluse it should be a shoe in for a snow bike.

I was looking on welding a aluminium pipe to the float-bowl and run coolant through it to keep the carb warm.

cheers.......

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
new carb

I got my heated carb mounted to the kx500. seems to run much nicer with this mikuni tm40 than with stock carb.. only rode by home here for 1/2 hr or so. runs like wild fire heading to the hills this weekend to get the jetting dialed and give a good full test. I cant wait cause i really love riding this thing in the woods. Later Stump Jumper

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
It is mid February. Pix please.

At this point we are just hoping to make it to the snowbike championship. So many orders came in late that we are way behind. I am starting a biweekly update email for all who are interested in the kits progress. The first one will come out the end of next week. If anybody is interested just pm me your email and you will be put on the list.

Thanks!

At this point we are just hoping to make it to the snowbike championship. So many orders came in late that we are way behind. I am starting a biweekly update email for all who are interested in the kits progress. The first one will come out the end of next week. If anybody is interested just pm me your email and you will be put on the list.

Thanks!

can't wait to see you up at Swcheitzer
Hope your going to race and do the hillcross and hilldrags!!!!!

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Ya, me and the wife are doing everything in our power to get it done. Lots of parts to make and I work full time. Put it this way, I get a couple hours of sleep on a good night. I cant say that I mind though, I look at the design and it just motivates me to get to work on it.

Not sure if we are going to race or not. Just have to see on that one.

Ya, me and the wife are doing everything in our power to get it done. Lots of parts to make and I work full time. Put it this way, I get a couple hours of sleep on a good night. I cant say that I mind though, I look at the design and it just motivates me to get to work on it.

Not sure if we are going to race or not. Just have to see on that one.

Perfect time to release your prototype and show what it can do!!!!!!!!! Hope it's done by then, if you need help with something feel free to contact me

Premium Features