• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ultimate XP Turbo

D
Jan 25, 2010
Just installed QV Performance Turbo on my 2010 XP800. It works great! It has adjustable boost from 2-10 psi on the small spring. Awesome air box design! Just check out the pictures...:canada:

100_3747.jpg 100_3746.jpg

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
What is being used to supply the extra fuel once you have boost? I couldn't tell when I went to their site and the kit info didn't give to many details.

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
The kit Retails for $4850.00 Canadian. It does not include clutching or vents, as many people have some of the parts neede already. I can supply if you need clutching or vents. the exhaust is a tunnel dump, and it is quite quiet.
The fuel is all supplied through the carbs, due to a well designed plenum and by venting the carbs in a little different way than most do. If you would like more info, feel free to call the shop, I am busy, but I do return calls if you leave me a message.

Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
D
Jan 25, 2010
yesterday and today I have put 100 miles on it trail riding , it runs great. Im at about 1200 ft here in saskatchewan and only running 4 to 5 lbs . so far afr are at 13 at 1/4 12.5 at 1/2 and around 12 full throttle. temps never go over 1200. tomorrow gonna try and get some av gas and turn boost up and see how things work. O ya the raves are still functionable cant tell you how sworn to secrecy

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Update on the Ultimate Carb Turbo System!

Just thought I would give you guys some updated pics and info on the QV Performance XP Carb Turbo System.

They have spent countless hours testing and tuning to get all the bugs worked out on this system and I think they have. The setup has a very cool and efficient design. They have also found a way to plumb the carbs to get them to be tunable and run very clean and crisp.

Here a few of pics of a couple of sleds that were in the shop this week getting the updates done to the carbs.

100_1313.jpg 100_1317.jpg 100_1315.jpg 100_1321.jpg 100_1319.jpg

roughriders

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Looks like they are still running the stock pipe, did you guys do the installs yourself?

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
If you are running the stock pipe you need to do one of two things:
1-cut it open and remove the internal stinger and weld all the seams on the pipe
OR
2-get an aftermarket turbo pipe

Also,tell your dealer to make this aware to all of his customers,or you will be replacing cylinders,pistons and maybe a head down the road..possibly a crank.

If you want to know why,check out my thread:
Engine damage when stinger fails on stock pipe

There are many doos out there that have been blowing their stock pipes and having to be welded over and over again. Personally,I would forego the stocker and just get a pipe from cpi or Neils.

Last edited:
D
Jan 25, 2010
did the qv updates on mine, very crisp . simple rave valve plumbing and they work perfect so far up to 10 psi . a couple adjustable air jets and some plumbing and the carbs are adjustable with no power jets up to 10 psi boost. i think this air box is why this thing flows air so good . did have some trouble with boysen turbo reeds , one little lean pop and boom they break. went back to stock and so far no problems.

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Well so far we have not had any problems with the stock pipes. We did have a customer try a dynoport pipe and it fell apart, so he went back to the stock pipe and all is good so far.

Highvoltage, i have read your thread, and I noticed you had your pipe welded to the turbo pipe. we ran into a problem on the cats when we were welding the pipe to the turbo pipe, it would cause things like the y-pipes to break and other problems. I am not saying that this is what caused your pipe to fail, but I am pretty sure it never helped things. All our setups run some sort of flex dampner between the pipe and the turbo, to isolate the vibrations and jarring .The other thing I found that will cause all kinds of problems, is the actual tune of the machine, if things are out of tune, it will cause all kinds of problems. I am going to test the pipe setup without the stinger, asi would like to eliminate anything that can cause my customers problems, but I would refrain from reccomending the mod until testing is done, as it will effect tuning and may cause new bigger problems. time will tell which is best.

We have found that the stock reeds hold up well, but we are working with Boyesen and hopefully they will get us something even better .

Jeff

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
remove the stinger.. once you take one out and look at how flimsey they are in there.. increased heat and backpressure arent going to help something known to break on stock sleds.

We just removed the one on my buddies custom poo doo project and it seemed to run much more consistant and run better on the bottom end compared to before with the stinger. also sounds a lot meaner.

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
I have seen the stinger, just havent had a problem as of yet. I am wondering if you noticed any other changes in the tuning of the sled with the stinger removed? Any midrange or topend issues or changes? I agree that removing it can remove any worries of it coming loose, but I am not a pipe builder, so can anyone tell me what it will do to the tune of the pipe? the sled runs great as is, hate to have to start tuning all over agian!

Jeff

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Some guys are saying that they find the sled more snappy without the stinger and of course, a little louder. My buddy just replaced his stock pipe with one of Neils pipes and found the jetting to be too fat now. I havent had a chance to try my new pipe so I dont know.

If you like the stock pipe...fine....I just want you to know that there is a failure rate out there that is way too high and repairs are expensive. I feel that as a dealer you are responsible to let your customers know what the effects of running the stock pipe may be....at least you have done due dilligence and they can decide what they want to do.

Dop

Lifetime Membership
Aug 26, 2009
Running an 09 XP with A Barker Motorsports Turbo set-up 7 to 18 lbs run it a 8.5 lbs most of the time and haven't had any of these issues and the 08 has 2500 miles on that turbo set-up and he runs at 10-12 lbs all day long. The springs on the y pipe and the Turbo do flex abit. I'd rather have the pipe flex and open rather than break, I can always add springs.

Premium Features