• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Intake plugging need help

N
Oct 13, 2010
North idaho
I've been out three rides now and am having trouble with this super fine powder plugging my air filter. I'm running a CPI turbo kit and using a k&n air filter with the snocharger prefilter. The thing is still plugging horribly. Also having trouble getting the turbo oiler to stop leaking. Does anyone know if these oil tanks are under pressure. I put some roll over check valves in it and wonder if it's pressurizing causing them to block air flow. Thanx for any help

P
Oct 26, 2010
The oil box will be under some sort of pressure as when the oil heats up it expands and also vaporizes, if you don't have a vent it can be a problem but i can't see why the roll-over valve wouldn't provide proper venting,
maybe add another vent somewhere up twards the steering post.

as for the plugging filter, hmm i don't know off hand is your filter in the sled or is it poking out the body panels? i have a snokel on mine and it gets plugged with snow and i just have to wipe it off from time to time.
mine is behind the windshield.

N
Oct 13, 2010
North idaho
Yea it's a snorkel set up I just don't get how the snow is getting underneath the prefilter. Maybe there's a better prefilter. I will try putting a vent up by the steering post. Thanx I appreciate your help.

P
Oct 26, 2010
Ahh i didn't know it was under your pre-filter, ya depending on what material you have it will get through. we had some really super fine snow
this past week and it would just plug up my sock that i have on the snorkel, i don't know how "fine" the material is but it's pretty small openings... like my wifes stocking material, hmm thinking about stockings: that might be a good prefilter! i'll just have to take em off the wife :face-icon-small-sho

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I would recomend just running the wire cage type deal with just a prefilter.. thats what ALl the kits I ahve seen are, then you dont have to worry aboutthe snow icing up the filter, still sticks to the cover, but not terrible. and any compressor surge will clear it off.

N
Oct 13, 2010
North idaho
Sounds good but still have no idea where to buy one of these filters any ideas where to get one. Maybe the pantyhose is the answer teehehe!!! Let me know how it works. I did try putting the filter inside the engine compartment but it ran like chit on the bottom almost wouldn't run at all. I'm guessing it don't like sucking all that hot air. I'll try to google one of these filters if I find one I'll put the web site on here for the next guy.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the cages on some are just strainer ends for big gas powered water pumps.. irrigation type stuff. I made one by taking 2 thin little cutouts of 2.5" exhaust pipe and some 1/8" steel rod and building a little cylinder cage.. ideally make it out of AL, but I dont have that kinda technology here, so steel it was, worked good and it has almost no frame inside to restrict flow.

Premium Features