• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to you Rides this season....

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
I do. A 2009 Arctic Cat M8 Snow Pro. So far I like the extra hp but I'm having a heck of a time steering it on the trail. Turning that is. :face-icon-small-con I hope with a couple adjustments it will feel a little easier. Or just wait for more snow so I don't have to use the trail. I like the sound of that the best. :face-icon-small-hap

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
Yep.......new to me is a 2009 dragon 800. :face-icon-small-hap. I am very happy with it right now. I'm loving' the "More Power' thing. :face-icon-small-ton. Thinking I need to make some adjustments to the handlebars and working on a hood design. My first real ride on it last Friday was awesome and left me smiling'

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
I do. A 2009 Arctic Cat M8 Snow Pro. So far I like the extra hp but I'm having a heck of a time steering it on the trail. Turning that is. :face-icon-small-con I hope with a couple adjustments it will feel a little easier. Or just wait for more snow so I don't have to use the trail. I like the sound of that the best. :face-icon-small-hap

More snow coming this week so that trail won't be needed much long. :face-icon-small-hap

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Terri.....ummm.......WHAT? I am not sure I read correctly.....I think you may have forgot to tell me.....;)

Jeanette, it will take a while to learn a new sled, I know I had a heck of a time when I got my M7....never could learn to like it....had to get rid of it :D

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Jeanette, it will take a while to learn a new sled, I know I had a heck of a time when I got my M7....never could learn to like it....had to get rid of it :D

I can ride it. Feels good to me. Didn't you watch my vid? :face-icon-small-win :face-icon-small-ton :face-icon-small-hap Thank god I didn't have footage of the trail ride or when I turn up the road to our cabin. It's like wrestling a bull. :face-icon-small-win It's gotta be the Powder Pro ski's I put on. We have a back up M8 with stock ski's and it turns like a dream!

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Oh no I watched it you did awesome.....I just was going off your trail explanation....sorry :) I could NEVER get used to the M7......I think I had a bad attitude at it as I didn't have anyone to do the work it needed!!

EDIT: You flat rocked it for the first ride on it!!!!

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Oh no I watched it you did awesome.....I just was going off your trail explanation....sorry :) I could NEVER get used to the M7......I think I had a bad attitude at it as I didn't have anyone to do the work it needed!!

EDIT: You flat rocked it for the first ride on it!!!!

LOL! I was just razzin ya! :face-icon-small-hap Making myself laugh being a dork. :face-icon-small-hap

It's a great upper body workout to say the least. That can't be a bad thing right?

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
Just got my M8 Twisted Turbo out for the first ride. My Rev cornered like mad on the trail... The only way my TM8 turns easily on the trail is it's side... FUUUUUN!!!!

BTW, your video was awesome... I was totally jealous of how you handled your sled in the pow. I had mine upside down a few times on my first ride... Way tippier than the XP!!!

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Last weekend I took out my new ride; Pro-RMK 800 and I'm adjusting well with it. First day of course it was boggy, the next day it ran better and it's so nice to move that ars around when needed, it's defintely lighter in handling. Only draw back I do not like was that when I stop to help someone or for lunch there was no place to put my goggles under the hood to clean them dry, and when it's on the trail; must have ice scratchers down.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Ohhh so fun!!! New shiny machine for all the ladies! love it!!

I got a new pro 800 like Foxy! High five sista!! But I'm more like Amy in the learning bit... Coming off a Rev means you initiate REALLY hard (especially a Rev with wide a-arms and shocks set to handle a little bit of jumping!) I tipped over in the field at my house 6 times in 10 mins!!!! hahahahaha

Granted, I've actually ALWAYS totally sucked at spinning cookies in a flat meadow and there really wasn't much snow... but still... I think the only time I've beat that 6 times in 10 mins record was when I jumped on Sarah's Dragon at the ladies ride a few years ago!! Those Poo's just come over soooo easy compared to a Rev!! Anyway, I think I'll learn it one of these days!!

I also have my eye on a shiney (twisty) thing to put under the hood but I'm waiting for the kinks to be worked out since the Pro is all new this year and none of the turbo guys have it ready to release yet... I figure it will give me a chance to re-learn all my habits which will be a WAY good thing!!!

Can't wait to see more reports and vids like GPs!! I watched that on LR GP and LOVED it!!! -of course, especially the thumbs up!!

Emilie Moreshead "Skadi"
Co-Producer ~ Sledbetties
Owner ~ The Sticky Throttle

Last edited:
Premium Features