• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upcoming avalanche class in MI

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Four Hour Avalanche Classes
Specifically for snowmobilers

Classes are effective, proven and affordable.​

Learn: How to avoid the most deadly mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, analyze stability, survive the night out and increase your skills in the mountains.
All participants
receive a discount on avalanche gear.

Cost $49. Must sign up in advance, limited space.

Take the class with those you ride with.

Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader/avalanche mission coordinator Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding, AVPRO. Mountain Snowmobiler for 20 years. Member American Avalanche Association. Trained by BCA, Snowpulse, and Ortovox.

Course content:
-Introduction to avalanches, statistics, contributing factors.
-Avalanche reports.
-Signs of instability/stability analysis.
-Equipment.
-What to carry and what works best.
-Avalanche beacons.
-Fast and effective single and multiple burial searches.
-Rescue
-Avalanche survival methods
-Deploying avalanche airbag packs
-Effective hasty search techniques.
-Mistakes in rescue.
-Group Dynamics/heuristics.
-Slide show: Terrain Evaluation/terrain traps.
-Preparing for your trip.
-What to do if lost or injured.
-Stability tests.
-Scenarios.

Upcoming classes:
Michigan:
December 12 Grand Rapids
location: Radisson Hotel Grand Rapids Riverfront 270 Ann St Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Time: 3:00-7:00pm Sunday.

www.avalanche1.com

If you want a class in your area, please contact:
Mike Duffy 970-390-9433 Eagle, Colorado
Email: duffyww1@aol.com

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
awesome class!!! i would take it again in a heartbeat. i want to thank Ron for putting this together for the saftey of the whole michigan crew. would also like to take my hat off to Mike Duffy for not giving up even though the weather fought him from colorado to our location in grand rapids michigan.

for those that couldnt make it, to show you how dedicated to OUR SAFTEY Mike is.... his flight was cancelled from chicago to GR, he rented an auto grabbed what he could for his props (the airport wouldnt give him all his baggage), jumped in and drove from chcago to GR in a snowstorm. made it to the location, and taught the complete course. one word, OUTSTANDING!!!

thanks again for all that attended, your friends, family, and thier friends and family, will thank you later.

as said above, this is a MUST for ALL BACKCOUNTRY USERS. ski

Premium Features