• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 turbo xp finally installed

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
have a tp turbo kit aero 53 got from a fellow used i took it off his sled so i had an idea on what was going on also did a pl 1200 xr turbo last year so i am sum what green at this has taken me 25 hours to install every hose and wire has a good fit and finish took my time i am in no rush first ride today 10 min long it started right up it does have bad run on and a leaky fuel reg but what a punch it has i am pretty sure the run on was created from me turning the vanes set screw all the way out i want instant power maybe a bov would help if i turn the set screw in the vanes would move sooner and i assume the boost would be slower to come on ? correct me if i am wrong boost seems to come on at 5800 rpm ish hard to look when your busy hanging on gearing is 20 49 on a 154 track with a shock wave helix primary has oversized rollers and 415 ramps and extra pin weight i do have the stock head cut for a turbo and a leading aftermarket head being cut for turbo as i type so i will try both there has been alot of peps on here that gave me alot of advise an i will try diff things to see what works my goal is not to have any turbo lag or run on shouldn't be that hard to do i hope

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
the veins position is a bit trickey somtimes. if they are closed to far then the turbo holds to much heat and cannot spool up because the exhaust gasses can not escape. it would be like the pipe is snow stuffed. also this controls the run on to far closed boost stays in motor.

now if the veins are to far open then then lag is super bad and it will not build power very fast. we put a mark on the controller rod with a sharpe and then screw in the adjustment screw until you feel it hit the diaphram or the rod begins to move. then turn it in 2 full turns. that should put you close to the place you want to run it. somtimes adjustment need to be backed out like a half of turn but no more than that.

if you lag doesn't change with this adjustment then you need to look elsewhere. like jetting, clutching, fuel pressure, exhaust bellows, reeds or blown up turbo.

hope this helps

what jetting you running?, what elevation?

brycter :face-icon-small-hap

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
will be riding at 8 to 10 thousand feet running 330 jets and yes this helps me a ton i was going to play with drawing it in makes sense to me now will turn it in and see were it falls THANKS

i should probably add as hard as this pulls i am ready for lots of snow

Last edited:
Premium Features