• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AEROCHARGER E-TEC

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
E-TEC

Here's some more pics and we do have some video of it on the snow just waiting for it to post on you tube.

turbo e tec 066.JPG turbo e tec 067.JPG turbo e tec 076.JPG turbo e tec 062.JPG

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
VIDEO

Still have more tuning to do but, we are putting in the time and its paying off. This is the hardest pulling turbo sled I have ever ridden, 7psi feels like 12psi and all of that comes from the adjustability of the Aerocharger and the endless time put into the engineering of the most efficient kit on the market. We were playing around with many different fuel programs and you will be able to hear the difference between them. Also I wanted to add, if you are around the Montana area and would like to experience this kit yourself please contact brad at Aerocharger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBgBF6xdbE8

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
Still have more tuning to do but, we are putting in the time and its paying off. This is the hardest pulling turbo sled I have ever ridden, 7psi feels like 12psi and all of that comes from the adjustability of the Aerocharger and the endless time put into the engineering of the most efficient kit on the market. We were playing around with many different fuel programs and you will be able to hear the difference between them. Also I wanted to add, if you are around the Montana area and would like to experience this kit yourself please contact brad at Aerocharger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBgBF6xdbE8

Nice video! Thanks for the kind words. Looks like you guys are having fun.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
that looked like a lot of fun.. glad to see yall got em workin pretty good.

on the top end, is that the rev limiter or overfueling/??

looks like a handful in the stiffer snow.

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
A little of both, we are being pretty mean to the sled and seeing how far we can push it in order to give the customer the best running sled possible, the fuel controller from Dobeck Performance is the key. There will be alot more video to come but we believe in showing the good and the bad, in efforts to show everyone that a good running turbo sled isn't magic it takes dedication and a willingness to evolve with the rider. We want to sell honesty not turbo kits!!

A little of both, we are being pretty mean to the sled and seeing how far we can push it in order to give the customer the best running sled possible, the fuel controller from Dobeck Performance is the key. There will be alot more video to come but we believe in showing the good and the bad, in efforts to show everyone that a good running turbo sled isn't magic it takes dedication and a willingness to evolve with the rider. We want to sell honesty not turbo kits!!

How about an honest turbo kit?

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Very nice. Looks like 70mph+ on the track speed. Also looks like some suspension work is in order. Transfers like a mother. lol:first:

Was this on unleaded or a race fuel? Looks like it comes to life pretty quick. Which is a must, Have one front mount yammi and one rear mount yammi in the group now, and the front mount is just stupid response and power. Way more fun to ride.

I'm rooting for you guys. I want a turbo 2 stroke skidoo oh so badly. Cant bring my self to buy a cat just yet. Get this bad boy for sale so I don't have to listen to the abuse anymore from the other guys riding turbo's. I really enjoy the yamaha power, but the thought of going back to a sled thats 2-300 lbs heavier just doesnm't appeal to me that much. But if fuel injected turbo skidoos don't become a reality soon, i'm going to have to jump off the wagon. I have to use screw drivers to adjust my carbs, the yamaha's use a laptop.... Nice to just push buttons instead of having hands that smell like gasoline.

i have a feeling alot of people feel the same way I do. We all love the Xp chassis. Love the light weight, just need more power. If i could get Semi close to yamaha power in an xp, that would just be a little slice of heaven.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I got the invite last night to go test ride these buggers, so hopefully this weekend I can get out and give you folks an unbiased opinion of how these badboys run. I love doo's but cant get away from yamaha power( hence my current sled) but would love to see a competative doo turbo hit the market.

lets hope they work like we all want them to.. seems like dobeck and aero are hard at working trying to make these things a reality.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Very impressive effort guys. About 50% of the 600 e-tech engines were lost during the 2010 Iron Dog race with some sort of crankshaft issue. Some speculated that since the direct injected engine removes fuel as a crankshaft cooling medium, that too much heat was to blame (very warm temperatures and a 50 mile run without snow). As a result, some of us are ceramic coating the top and bottom piston surfaces in an attempt to keep combustion heat from travelling down into the crankshaft/case. Because of this I figured that there was no way a direct injected two-stroke engine could handle a turbo. And here it has been done. So the questions: Are you guys coating the pistons? Jacking up the oil pump flow? Pumping fuel directly into the crankcase? Your efforts will give us all answers to the nuances of the direct injected two stroke engine and to what tuning extremes are out there. Fine work.
Cheers

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I guess I cant say 100% but from what I already know about them and the fueling. the extra fuel for boost is added by an extra set of injectors in the airbox, thus sending fuel throught the bottom end dealing with the issues associated with "dry" bottom ends and also the limitations of the stock DI injectors.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Its the least expensive option. Stand alone ecm's are spendy. Its realitively simple to intercept inputs and outputs and keep the ecm in a happy state of bliss.

External injectors and throttle bodies are realitively cheap also. Until someone cracks the doo ecm, and the injectors become cheaper and more avalible, its about the only real option.

ideally, sure, throw some bigger sticks in there, make the ecm stand alone. It would make it alot cheaper and simpler to produce. But skidoo doesn't seem to want to play ball..... which i'm not really sure why. Seems like a heck a way to hype sales.

With Dyno Jet and Dobeck both hammering away, someone will get it done. And make a pile of money doing it.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
E-Tec Turbo

I don't believe there is a standalone out there that would work with that sled. The Direct Inject by Evinrude operates at 55V the hardware for most standalone ECM will not be able to drive those injectors. Plus the coils have a driver built into them so the impedance of them has to be within a certain tolerance otherwise "magic smoke". I think there may be a lot people trying this route but you are going to lose you warranty and any factory support right away.

One of the major factors in the standalone is you have to use the sensors they are configured to the ECM...$$$$$$$.

Yes i do believe you might see a longer life out of the crank if it was failing due to poor lubrication or heat. The fuel is now going to be traveling through the bottom end and new oil will be introduced. Like what Aerocharger said in previous posts.

This sled is an animal at 7 psi. Seemed like it would go up anything we pointed it up. Plus the fuel economy was pretty crazy...rode for 4 hours and still on full. I do know the gas gauges lie, so we might have burnt 4-5 gallons. Will not know till its refilled. Currently it is running 60% race and 40% pump.

There was a 600 out there too, but it has some minor issues so it won't be back on the snow til next weekend.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Very impressive effort guys. About 50% of the 600 e-tech engines were lost during the 2010 Iron Dog race with some sort of crankshaft issue. Some speculated that since the direct injected engine removes fuel as a crankshaft cooling medium, that too much heat was to blame (very warm temperatures and a 50 mile run without snow). As a result, some of us are ceramic coating the top and bottom piston surfaces in an attempt to keep combustion heat from travelling down into the crankshaft/case. Because of this I figured that there was no way a direct injected two-stroke engine could handle a turbo. And here it has been done. So the questions: Are you guys coating the pistons? Jacking up the oil pump flow? Pumping fuel directly into the crankcase? Your efforts will give us all answers to the nuances of the direct injected two stroke engine and to what tuning extremes are out there. Fine work.
Cheers

I thought the reason for failure on the irondog was because of the crank seals. skidoo went with a cheap manufacturing and some were failing. Even on none irondog sleds.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I don't believe there is a standalone out there that would work with that sled. The Direct Inject by Evinrude operates at 55V the hardware for most standalone ECM will not be able to drive those injectors. Plus the coils have a driver built into them so the impedance of them has to be we within a certain tolerance otherwise "magic smoke". I think there may be a lot people trying this route but you are going to lose you warranty and any factory support right away.

One of the major factors in the standalone is you have to use the sensors they are configured to the ECM...$$$$$$$.

Yes i do believe you might see a longer life out of the crank if it was failing due to poor lubrication or heat. The fuel is now going to be traveling through the bottom end and new oil will be introduced. Like what Aerocharger said in previous posts.

This sled is an animal at 7 psi. Seemed like it would go up anything we pointed it up. Plus the fuel economy was pretty crazy...rode for 4 hours and still on fuel. I do know the gas gauges lie, so we might have burnt 4-5 gallons. Will not know till it is refill time. Currently it is running 60% race and 40% pump.

There was a 600 out there to but it has some issues so it won't be back on the snow til next weekend.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

what kind of issues was the 600 having? I was looking to buy the 600 kit in the future.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
Well we had some minor fuel issues. The way we are getting our boost reference wasn't working properly. I have to update to the newer box that we have on the 800 in the video and then it should work great.

When I was on the 600 this summer (june.. on snow) , I thought and still think it is an awesome sled. I currently ride a 09 XP 800R and I could climb just as high but at a much slower rate. I was creeping over the hills and the 600 was doing a wheelie. I can't wait to feel it at 7-10 pounds. I bet it will make me want to get 600 as well.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Well we had some minor fuel issues. The way we are getting our boost reference wasn't working properly. I have to update to the newer box that we have on the 800 in the video and then it should work great.

When I was on the 600 this summer (june.. on snow) , I thought and still think it is an awesome sled. I currently ride a 09 XP 800R and I could climb just as high but at a much slower rate. I was creeping over the hills and the 600 was doing a wheelie. I can't wait to feel it at 7-10 pounds. I bet it will make me want to get 600 as well.

well keep us up to date on the progress, and a video of the 600 would be great when you get time thanks. Boondockers tryed turboing the 600 in 09 and had many problems.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Also billy howard on dootalk was sayin the 800 etec, 10.5 runs at 55v and the 11 runs at 60 v.

Premium Features