• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

school me on IQR!!

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i love riding sleds, have been for 4 years now getting more into it. i currently own and ride a 2007 dragon 700 155 with slp pipe and can with recommended clutching... which i will be keeping

i kinda like the looks of a iqr and want a second sled and would not mind building one. but i dont really know ANYTHING about iqr's

so here is what i would like. a sled that i can ride on hard snow days but maybe also jump and do some powder playing and climbing/carving just everything! is this to much to ask for out of one sled? my D7 i like in a all around maner. i love it! just want a unique 2nd sled

so, what years and motors are iqr's? what track lengths? are the motors the same used in the rmk's? anyone have a mountain iqr and a dragon rmk to compare to? just thinking i might need a project in the future!
thanks
Kenny

P
Jul 4, 2010
Heres the sled for you.

Any iqr really since just about everything will be changed anyways. 2008 you can add the oil injection without drilling holes in your cases so if you can grab one of those. FYI the motor in an IQR is different from any other consumer motor polaris makes. This is 140hp race motor that isnt offered anywhere besides the IQR.

39-40 inch zbroz or holz front end. C&A skis, 10.5 gal trail tank, ice age 144 rails, 144x15x2 track, V.E tunnel extension with cooler delete, Feethookers, Fox evol shocks all the way around, 800 BB motor upgrade (about 170 hp)

Then theres the little stuff like jetting, clutch springs and weights, gearing, bar risers, knee pads, clutch cover bag, derlin washers, ect ect.

All of this and more for under $10,000

D
Dec 5, 2010
Kenai, AK
Could you put a Van Amburg 163" Tunnel on a IQr? Do they make one?
Can a 800VES motor fit how it is?
Can a Speedwerx single pipe fit? Or does it have to be custom?
Im just asking cause i too am looking at a IQr in town here for $2500 OBO without a motor, but its all stock.

G

gotthefever

Jan 7, 2008
Kremmling, CO
Could you put a Van Amburg 163" Tunnel on a IQr? Do they make one?
Can a 800VES motor fit how it is?
Can a Speedwerx single pipe fit? Or does it have to be custom?
Im just asking cause i too am looking at a IQr in town here for $2500 OBO without a motor, but its all stock.

I believe the Van Amburg tunnel with work on the IQR.

The 800VES can be put in, but you will need brad's mounting.

The pipe will have to be cut/welded to fit.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Pretty sure Speedwerx doesn't make a Polaris pipe. Just so you don't get confused. 2005-2007 came with a 440 engine, 2008 600RR had a 600 HO engine, 2008+ IQR had the 600r engine which is unique compared to other engines. If it was 2005-2007 with a 600 from a race team it was a most likely a 600 ho. There are ways to put pretty much any Polaris engine in the IQR.

Premium Features