• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Mystery Beast

T

TheOneBigMike

Jan 31, 2010
Well as summer has come to and end, I think it is time for me to stop procrastinating and get on with my build. Plans are to have her ready for the first ride of the season January 2nd. 2011. I will be posting some pics along the way as a resource for others planning on going with an aftermarket tunnel as there's not much how to information for m-series chassis work. The mystery beast will be staying partly classified until I deem it completed. On the slate for the build is a custom VanAmburg chassis, Zbroz ARS FX front end with X1 shocks, and a KMOD Gen II skid with 174" rails. There will be lots of chroming, anodizing, ceramic coating, and polishing so keep an eye out in the near future for updates as the rest of the parts finish trickling in and I start getting items back from coating.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
WOW!!!!!!!!Nice Job.

The mystery beast will be staying partly classified until I deem it completed. On the slate for the build is a custom VanAmburg chassis, Zbroz ARS FX front end with X1 shocks, and a KMOD Gen II skid with 174" rails. There will be lots of chroming, anodizing, ceramic coating, and polishing so keep an eye out in the near future for updates as the rest of the parts finish trickling in and I start getting items back from coating.

WTF.......My head hurts from just reading your mystery. By January I hope to have a month plus of riding in. Maybe if I am not too busy riding I will give you a "WOW nice job."
Here is the real mystery. When will we all put our beast on the snow? LOL:high5:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I have a complete Kmod 174 skid for sale if you want. Used for about 200 miles last winter. Also have a new, in the wrapper, 174x3" lug camo extreme. PM me if you're interested for your project.

Last edited:
T

TheOneBigMike

Jan 31, 2010
Well it's been a long and hard road. Still waiting on most of the parts. I took a twenty hour drive back in November to pick up some parts but just came back empty handed. But on a good note I finally got my front end and tunnel and track are on their way.
4ac6969b-ac69-cf9a.jpg

4ac6969b-ac8b-70f3.jpg

The rear skid has been done for a while now, so I've got to give great credit to Kevin Bolinder at KMOD. Always answered the phone and any questions I had. I can't wait to give that skid a try.

PS if a mod happens to see this can you please move this thread to the proper build forum.

Premium Features