• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Ladies been riding a M1000 for a while?

M

misssledderki

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 14, 2009
Flathead Valley, MT
www.youtube.com
Just bought a M1000 to replace my M8. Boys have just been shaking their heads but I'm stoked!! Just wanted to know of some small things I might be needing to do or look for with having this heavier and more horsepower in a sled. And what I got myself into!
Thanks!! :face-icon-small-hap

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
My wifes favorite change to hers was the Mountain Assault seat from WRP.
It is a firmer, taller freestyle seat that allowed her to maintain more control when she became too tired to stand, but needed more hieght than a stock seat. We actually tried a boss high-rise, and an 09 boss cat seat, she was much happier with the WRP. One bonus we never factored in was with the Assault seat, the rear brackets can be used as grab handles when she gets dumped or stuck, making it easier to get on the sled in deep powder or off camber situations.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Get rid of the oem can-removes 12 lbs off the nose

less weigh to push around, a y-pipe, pipe, and can combo go a long way, add a power claw, u will get stuck less

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Wife rode one for a couple years and she loved it. Like others said get a better seat and make sure the sled can breath. They need a lot of air, we ran the full 2 cool vent kit, side panels, vents by the guages and the slp intake kit. Once we did that the sled ran a lot better and she was a lot happier. We also did the slp pipe, can and y pipe combo with thier clutch kit. She was a happy camper with the sled while we had it.

H

Happy Bunny

Dec 8, 2008
Mission, BC
I got a 2007 with a 162. Just what kind of things you did to maybe lighten it up? Or what do you do any different to make it do what you want?

This year I did a rebuild. I took my 2008 M1000 and ....

... put a fresh new 2010 motor with new motor mounts (replaced and added new ones cause I'm running so much power I tend to break the mounts), new rear Arctic cat tunnel section (changed to the '09, it handles way better in the deep snow), new '09 cooler, VE rear bumper kit, new A-arms, new 2011 seat...

What I already had on the sled is... BDX Diamond Drive Lite, SLP pipe, Y pipe, can, 2.25" Powder Claw, rage cage, 3" handle bar riser, boonie box, koso EGT gauges.... the cat needs to breathe so I did Moflow intake vents and Frogskins on the hood.

Thats the jest of the whole thing. I think the Cats are great, but for us to ride the cats like the boys, we definitely have to make sure it is set up right for us.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
This year I did a rebuild. I took my 2008 M1000 and ....

... put a fresh new 2010 motor with new motor mounts (replaced and added new ones cause I'm running so much power I tend to break the mounts), new rear Arctic cat tunnel section (changed to the '09, it handles way better in the deep snow), new '09 cooler, VE rear bumper kit, new A-arms, new 2011 seat...

What I already had on the sled is... BDX Diamond Drive Lite, SLP pipe, Y pipe, can, 2.25" Powder Claw, rage cage, 3" handle bar riser, boonie box, koso EGT gauges.... the cat needs to breathe so I did Moflow intake vents and Frogskins on the hood.

Thats the jest of the whole thing. I think the Cats are great, but for us to ride the cats like the boys, we definitely have to make sure it is set up right for us.

rest assured it must be set up right becasue she rides it everywhere we do.....girl can get with the program.

H

Happy Bunny

Dec 8, 2008
Mission, BC
rest assured it must be set up right becasue she rides it everywhere we do.....girl can get with the program.

Thanks :face-icon-small-coo Now that this is my second year on the sled, I think I will be even more on the program.... or you can lend me your new sled and I'll break in that new RG Turbo of yours. Someone's gotta ride it :face-icon-small-ton

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Just bought a M1000 to replace my M8. Boys have just been shaking their heads but I'm stoked!! Just wanted to know of some small things I might be needing to do or look for with having this heavier and more horsepower in a sled. And what I got myself into!
Thanks!! :face-icon-small-hap

I Ride my husband’s M-1000 and all I can tell you is hang on!
it’s a powerhouse in the mountains, it really rips,
The M-1000 is a very different feeling power band then my M-800 but it’s very fun to ride.

As far as rider comfort on rough trail, well let’s just say the M is what I would call “firm in its ride,” or in other words a bit rough, but always predictable.

Quality, reliability, and performance are just a few reasons why we bought the M series, It's really hard to beat the torque of the 1000.

it’s contagious and after just a few minutes on the M-1000 you find yourself chomping at the bit to get on and ride some more. The sled is incredible at being able to point and go where you want to go. I do have a bit of trouble throwing it around, mostly in the tight trees,

Me personally, I really like my M-800 I don’t seem to have any trouble boon docking on the 'ole girl and throwing it around,
but it's what I am use to.

As far as the M-1000 goes? It's really hard to beat That power, That being said, it will be a hoot! Good luck on your decision....... you will have a lot of fun times with it!!! ENJOY!!!

M

misssledderki

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 14, 2009
Flathead Valley, MT
www.youtube.com
Haha! He's just mad now cuz I've got the M1000, and he's still stuck on his M7 :) Thanks for the info on the updates and what not. I'm not too worried about it. The sled has had all the motor updates, and adding a few goodies won't be a bad idea either :) Thanks a ton ladies!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The one thing Amber mentioned that I feel is HUGE with the M1000 & either makes it a great sled or a heavy pig... set the skid up so it transfers in a controllable way. Stuck to the ground is heavy, and skis over your head is out of control, When we set Abby's sleds up we set them so the skis sit about 18" off the snow on a climb, this allows her smaller body weight to throw it around much easier. This is much easier to do with a float conversion (about $400 from Michelle, maybe less) or with an aftermarket skid (min, $1k).

We do a ton of mods to Abby's sleds, but getting the suspension set up properly for a 100 lb rider instead of a 200lb rider is a absolute necessity.

Enjoy, the 1000 is a blast!

Premium Features