• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

162" PC in the 155" yes? no?

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
first of all, sorry for doubling up on the track swapping issue already.

I was thinking about doin a big wheel/offset axle setup and running the 162" powerclaw on my new 155 RMK, but i didnt wanna switch the drivers right away and didnt want any clearance issues, or any issues for that matter, right off the bat with this new machine. I understand the drivers will need to be changed because of the lack of windows in the p-claw to match the stock polaris drivers. But now, from the looks of the other thread on here, the 162" Pclaw will work out better on the sled. Would this be true for the 155" machine, or just on the 163"? I know a big wheel/offset axle setup will take up the slack without adding an extension to the tunnel.

Now, take into consideration I'm not neccessarily going all for the length of the track, more so for the functionality of the p-claw, so don't jump all over me about how im not gaining anything with the big wheels 'n such. If the 163 will fit and do the job, I'm all over it.

--Mountainhorse, I'm wondering what will be the easiest way to make this happen, if it actually can happen.

I'm super excited about this machine and making it a better performer than the 163" Pro's my buddies ordered.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
You wont be able to take up that much slack with a big wheel kit.

To my knowledge, there are no rail extensions for the 155"

You would need to do a short tunnel extension.

Bigger than 8" and you will have track lift/slack issues on the top idler wheel. I know that plenty of people on here have run it, but when you compress the tail down all the way, with a taller than 8" wheel, the track will lift off the the upper idler wheel and loose tension.

You will need to get rails from IceAge, A short extension for the tunnel from SLP/Carls, , anti-stab kit from Ice age and there you go.

On the Pro the bumper will not work well with the short extension... The arms on the bumper are short on the new sled.... go with an old style bumper for mor engagement.

You will be able to sell (in season) the stock rails w/hyfax,track, drivers, bumper.

That is my 2 cents.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm super excited about this machine and making it a better performer than the 163" Pro's my buddies ordered.

Perform better on what... Deep powder? Steep climbs, tight tree boondocking, ditchbanging, hardpack racing????

"Better Performer" is a misnomer... It depends on what you want to perform better at.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I used an Performance Engineering offset axle in my EDGE RMK and from a 151 to a 156 with just that.

If you used 8 tooth 3" pitch drivers you probabably be pretty close to being able to make it work. Tough to say.

I would think you could make the 153 Powerclaw work with 7tooth 3" pitch drivers.

I don't see how you could do it either way without swapping drivers.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
my idea was really a shot in the dark. I'm new to polaris, it's a new model. figured it wouldn't hurt to ask questions. And I dont know for sure why I didnt just order the 163", but oh well. live and learn. I'm sure I'll have lots of time to tinker with this sled

Premium Features