• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New pro is nice, but???

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I think thats a little sketchy too but they were supposed to have extensive testing so i guess we will find out soon!

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Cast is WAY stronger than sheet.

Look at the Yamahas...Stock bulkhead and over 300 HP boosted and no issues.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I wish I could find the photo of the before and after of a Rush that center punched a tree... messed up the bumper/radiator/A-arms/pipe/fenders/hood/motor mounts and some other stuff too... The bulkhead was fine and the sled went back together from the Insurance company.

This new bulkhead was built for strength and rigidity... repair is pretty straight fwd.. replace either side for about $150 in parts and 6 hrs labor.

Have a look at the awards that the casting recieved...CLICK HERE

09-04.jpg

Have a look at 5:13 into this video for some more details on this amazing piece of engineering.

http://www.youtube.com/user/snowtrax#p/search/2/a5WmzHe1Wcs

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Remember when the XCR came with a skid Plate ? That should be the first after market part put on especially since it's the first production season for the Pro, theres been a few Rushes last winter that broke. The boys up here are just to hard on things. I remember Ski-Doo getting a ton of flack for that move because they where breaking to easy but they got that under control and the Yammys followed, none of them like to take a hit they snap like peanut brittle. It's a lot cheaper than a bulk head or chaining it down to a floor and pulling it ten different ways till sunday to get it close so you can go riding again.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Can't be any worse then the REV bulkheads!

I don't see any problems. I was looking at it at the EXPO and it looked tough to me.
Man aint that the truth, everytime I looked at it something was different , it would actually bend back to normal some times and then if it didn't I would just hit it with a BFNMallet and 2x4 the race braces helped a lot.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
I wish I could find the photo of the before and after of a Rush that center punched a tree... messed up the bumper/radiator/A-arms/pipe/fenders/hood/motor mounts and some other stuff too... The bulkhead was fine and the sled went back together from the Insurance company.

This new bulkhead was built for strength and rigidity... repair is pretty straight fwd.. replace either side for about $150 in parts and 6 hrs labor.

Have a look at the awards that the casting recieved...CLICK HERE

09-04.jpg

Have a look at 5:13 into this video for some more details on this amazing piece of engineering.

http://www.youtube.com/user/snowtrax#p/search/2/a5WmzHe1Wcs

Are you on the payroll now?

All kidding aside, casting are the way to go. Yamaha revolutionized the process a few years ago with their new technique.

Last edited:

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
A little off topic shadow, I believe this thread is about the strength if the cast bulkhead. I'm glad to see all the cat and do guys worried about the horsepower of the pro though. Most seem a little worried.:D:focus:

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
i know what the threads about, i started it!!! I think the only one worried about the horse power #'s are the poo guys.
Well anyways, yes back to topic.
The fact that the bulkhead is in two sections really is a good idea. Maybe if this sled turns out to be a good one i'll have to try one out next year.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Sorry about the post, I noticed that you started it after I posted.:sorry: Just getting old everyone worrying about horspower especially people that are not even going to be riding one.:thumb:

Premium Features