• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CAMOPLAST EXTREME: NEW DESIGN

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I just got off the horn with Camoplast...

They have 2 new tracks for the cats (and Doo/Yami)...

A New Design Camoplast extreme in the 153 and 162" sizes
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Ok, thanks for the info, but isn't the Pro-Ride a different pitch? Also, can you clarify what the information is in the white windows?

How does the track compare to the last CE track?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
This is for the 153 and 162 M's, drop in. FWIW. Don't think he's insinuating it's a drop in for the RMK. With the p-claw at 2.25, camo is gonna sell a bunch of these to deep powder M riders, especially if it has a hair dryer.

Last edited:

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Looks good! Same thing though, no word on it being available in a 2.86 inch pitch with lengths of 155 and 163????????

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
just throwing this out there, a 153 works on a 155 skid and a 162 works on a 163 skid. They just need to offer new pitches. Imo, if you are awaping tracks, might as well put extrovert drivers the pitch you need.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
ok, i can't read the red notes in the pic. so can someone explain the differences between the new and old extreme besides the length? i must be missing something in the pics? thanks

pv

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
ok, i can't read the red notes in the pic. so can someone explain the differences between the new and old extreme besides the length? i must be missing something in the pics? thanks

pv

The paddle design is completely different. The old camo x- (3.0 pitch) has little finger at the top like a challenger. These are flat like the top of a powerclaw.

This new one also has finger-like supports in different places than the other track. Basically the good things about the powerclaw in a 2.5 profile.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
cool thanks. couldn't remember. (even though i have one on a current sled...)

so... how about some track theory? i understand durometer (sp?) associated with dry vs. wet snow. but why is the flat tops better? how does the finger placement improve things? guess i've never really thought about track function, just that i know i really like how the extreme works.

pv

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
cool thanks. couldn't remember. (even though i have one on a current sled...)

so... how about some track theory? i understand durometer (sp?) associated with dry vs. wet snow. but why is the flat tops better? how does the finger placement improve things? guess i've never really thought about track function, just that i know i really like how the extreme works.

pv

I'll leave that to the guys who know or care, but just like you, I just really like how the extreme works in pretty much all of our snow conditions, and I think now the Cat guys have a great drop-in track option aside from PC's.

Premium Features