• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 pro exhaust?

X
Jan 20, 2008
P.G
for thoes guys who have picked up there new sleds allready how did the new light weight silencer sound? my sled should be in any day now and was curious on the sound of the new exhaust. is there any aftermarket silencer's for the pro yet? thanks.

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
I havnt seen or heard of any. But if i remember rite HPS will have one out by November. As to the stock sound a buddy of mine rode one out in Alpine and said it does have a nice sound to it from factory. I might get an aftermarket one just to shed a couple of pounds, but we will see.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
The stock one is actually pretty light/small so don't expect big weight savings there. Sound is very tame/mellow to me.

Have FUN!

G MAN

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
the new silencer is still bigger than aftermarket so i would hope for a couple of lbs off, not sure how it's packed inside, the pro sound better than my 09 800 did, but every snowmobile sounds good the first time in teh fall and that two stroke smells gets your thumb twitching.

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
Sounds fairly quite and stock like. It is light enough for me. I can stand it after riding all day with a loud aftermarket can and everything sounds muffled from hours of high noise exposure.

X
Jan 20, 2008
P.G
new sled is in checked it out today sounds good but stil a little quiet for me, new can on its way soon i hope. just need snow

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
the new silencer is still bigger than aftermarket so

The new stock muffler is hydroformed which results in a lighter muffler... something that Polaris paid a LOT of attention to this year

The size is deceptive ...the weight on a scale...11.4lbs in pre-production

Not a the huge weight loss like in the past.

Skinz Protective Gear has their Supe-Q and Ultra-Q silencers available ... small package and great sound.... about 4 lbs reduction.

All this being said.... There are many areas with sound restrictions like Colorado... many more to come.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Heres a pic of the new SPG Ultra Q muffler in the PRO chassis... The super q looks the same ... same size.

FYI, we finished our silencers for the 2011 Polaris 800. Sound test is based on the stationary tests that is currently being used.

4.1lb weight savings.

Super-Q 90 Db
Ultra-Q 87 Db

Skinz Protective Gear
320-243-8771
320-243-2453 Fax

attachment.php

SPG SQ,UQ-2214C_Installed_Pic.jpg

Premium Features