• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avalanche class interest in Michigan.

M

Mtnboondocker

Nov 27, 2007
MI
I can only hope enough riders step up to the plate and take a class. I would like to take a class in Michigan.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Hello Everyone

Here is the details. Looks to be December 12, 2010 3pm-7pm in Grand Rapids or Lansing

I have 2 dates set with Mike Duffy. Dec 12 & 13 2010. the class is 4 hours long. If we only have 30ish people scheduled. There will be one class and it will be on one of the dates. If we have 50+, I will set up one class on each date. having 1 class in Grand Rapids, MI and another on the east side of the state.

The Fee is $49.00 for the class. I need to get checks from anyone that wants to attend ASAP. Please spread the word on this to anyone that might want to come.

Send & make checks to:
RSP
2567 Golfbury Dr.SW
Wyoming, MI 49519

Please try and get the checks to me by Nov. 15th, 2010
Hope to see all of you.

Ron

Here are the details on the class:
Four Hour Avalanche Classes
Specifically for snowmobilers

Avalanche classes coming to your area.

Classes are effective, proven and affordable.

Learn:
How to avoid the most deadly mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, analyze stability, survive the night out and increase your skills in the mountains.

All participants
receive a discount on avalanche gear.

Cost $49. Must sign up in advance, limited space.

Take the class with those you ride with.

Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader/avalanche mission coordinator Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding, AVPRO. Mountain Snowmobiler for 20 years. Member American Avalanche Association. Trained by BCA, Snowpulse, and Ortovox.

Course content:

-Introduction to avalanches, statistics, contributing factors.
-Avalanche reports.
-Signs of instability/stability analysis.
-Equipment.
-What to carry and what works best.
-Avalanche beacons.
-Fast and effective single and multiple burial searches.
-Rescue
-Avalanche survival methods
-Deploying avalanche airbag packs
-Effective hasty search techniques.
-Mistakes in rescue.
-Group Dynamics/heuristics.
-Slide show: Terrain Evaluation/terrain traps.
-Preparing for your trip.
-What to do if lost or injured.
-Stability tests.
-Scenarios.
What students have to say about the class:
Great class! Mike is a solid instructor and teaches it from a sledder's point of view. DON'T MISS THIS even if you think you are knowledgeable and prepared. Switchback
Best $49 I have ever spent! Great job Mike!!! Flatlander_99

On the snow rescue classes in CO, WY, MN and WI (starting in December. Prerequisite is 4 hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class).
Details will be posted on:
www.avalanche1.com

Premium Features