• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Polaris 800 Horsepower/torque vs. The Competition

C
Jan 13, 2009
Coalville, Ut
Just a question, as another snowmobile magazine has the Polaris Rush 800 at approximately 20 horsepower less than both AC 800 H.O. and the Doo E-tec on an independent dyno test. If this is true how will Polaris Pro-RMK stack up against the other mountain sleds?

Last edited:
M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
what is the question???????? or U just fishing on your first post? HP is just number. Performance is what matters. And since its so early no one knows forsure.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Its gonna rip. That's how it'll stack up against the rest. Feel free to search the forum for Pro-Rider reviews... There's alot of them.

C
Jan 13, 2009
Coalville, Ut
I hope you are right, but until I get some saddle time the jury is still out. I did ride the prototype last spring, as all of us did and it was OK. Lets see if the production models are as good! My money is on a Pro-RMK 163" this year so we will see!

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I hope you are right, but until I get some saddle time the jury is still out. I did ride the prototype last spring, as all of us did and it was OK. Lets see if the production models are as good! My money is on a Pro-RMK 163" this year so we will see!

"all of us"

I have a friend that didn't get to ride the prototype. Isn't he included in "all"?:peep:

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
What is the power to weight difference? approx. 22 lbs lighter and 19 less HP. I jumped from poo to cat in 05, and have been looking for a good reason to jump back. I have heard from die hard cat guys that have spent time on the pro chassis and say it is everything it is cracked up to be, but (there's always a but) they say it feels a little under powered and the question of "will this revamped motor fair any better than the last couple of years" comes up. I'm not trying to stir it up, just asking, can this chassis compensate for that much of a HP shortage?

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i rode my new pro rmk on the trailer tonight, it was very snappy, damn near fell off the back, does that qualify as seat time? it handled wonderful, caught 3 inches of air up the ramp too. i think we'll need some snow to get these questions answered.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I'm not trying to stir it up, just asking, can this chassis compensate for that much of a HP shortage?

I think that is a very fair $12,000 question. I hope the answer is yes. I have invested a lot of [down] time and money in that. I love the Poo chassis, just not enough to sit home next year if not. I will be ready to rip when the snow flies and put 'er to the test! We shall see.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Its gonna rip. That's how it'll stack up against the rest. Feel free to search the forum for Pro-Rider reviews... There's alot of them.

Yah! I ran my 500 fan against the Pro and got wooped!

Premium Features