• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Tool ... To Remove Motor Mounts

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Hey Guys..

While working the the shop last night, i made a couple handy tools. One is Pretty simple while the other one is a life saver! Here you go..

First one was how the heck am i going to lift my engine out and or just up.. With only ONE Person... Hmm.. I got it.. So i found a old BR9ES Laying around put it in the Vise and and broke it all apart ... then found large NUT About 1 1/4.. Welded it to the top of the now broken spark plug!! I did this to two of them!!

WOW .. I have a engine lift now!! i put a strap through them and lifted with my engine hoist!!

Second Tool i came across as NEEDING.. Hmm i got the engine lifted up a good 2 1/2 feet.. Trying to replace the front left engine mount... Got the air hammer in there... No Luck,, Got a Huge BFH out no luck.. HMM thinking there has got to be a better Way!!

Yes there is.. MAKE a Socket to go right over the engine Mount!! Bingo!! I am in Biz!!! 20 min later here's what i came up with!!

I put a 1/2 Impact on it.. Motor Mount came right out.. I even tighten the new one in with my new tool!!

So Guys.. Post your Home made TOOLS!!!!

You always have to have the right tool for the job!!

Let me know what u think..

I can give you all the sizes i used! ????

Picture 336.jpg Picture 337.jpg Picture 338.jpg Picture 339.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
not really picture worthy, but if you own a rev chassis ski-doo.. buy a 5mm allen wrench and cut the short side in half, so its a really stubby end on it.. makes tigtening the y pipe bolts a LOT easier then fighting 1/6 of a turn at a time.. still sucks, but made my rev time a LOT nicer..

Premium Features