• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch kits

D

doobie

Oct 13, 2008
Cochrane ab
Im new to polaris, swithed from ski-doo. Snowchecked a 11 pro 155. My question is who is the "Dynamo Joe" of polaris clutch kits. Had such good luck with that guy. Somebody point me in the right direction. thanks

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Well, the truth is the Polaris clutching system is much more efficient from the factory and there are less noticeable gains doing a clutch kit on them, simply put. Not saying there arent gains to be made, because there are, they just arent as drastic. The polaris is going to backshift downshift more aggressively than the stock doo, it will feel much like your clutched doo. I sell a lot of the DJ kits and I love them to death but there is no DJ in the polaris world.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
For Polaris I'd just call 208-853-5550 and ask for the Dynamo Jack package!

They already have a Carl's clutch package for the PRO that is worth 4-5 lengths over the factory stock setup that came on the demos that we all rode.

Hmmm how does a sled that makes 20 less engine dyno HP propel a vehicle faster or quicker over the same terrain? HMMMMM !!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011 Pro needs Better Boards.JPG
    2011 Pro needs Better Boards.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 375
  • the line-up.JPG
    the line-up.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 387
G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
clutching

Definitetly read AKSNOWRIDER's thread and call Carls Cycle, that is the way to go. I run the team industries team green primary spring, Carls double helix 62/42/.40(winter) , 60/40/.40(spring). What a difference that made. The only thing I have left to do is order the MTX 68 gram weights
and get the clutches balanced. Oh yeah, I also have 3 delrin washers that I will be installing as well, 1 on each side of the spring, and 1 under the spring cup. I ride a 2010 D-8, and ride between 0-3000 ft. and am pulling 8250 rpms. When doing your mods, do 1 mod at a time.

D

doobie

Oct 13, 2008
Cochrane ab
ride mostly in the Castle mountain, Corbin areas, Golden. 4500-8000ft. Need something good for on/off throttle situations, not really into straight climbs perfer technical tree style. love those tree's. Sound's like Carl's Cycle is the way to go for "Dynamo Joe" style performance. What does the C.C. Dynamo jack pakage include? Keep the set-up's coming, Im looking forward to learning about these Polaris sled's and chatting with the polaris guru's. A few of us made the change from Doo(sick of crappy dealer's). All Bruce's Polaris now. Thanks.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Hmmm how does a sled that makes 20 less engine dyno HP propel a vehicle faster or quicker over the same terrain? HMMMMM !!!!!!!

Even with all the extra weight packed on them boards too, eh?:face-icon-small-win

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Denali gave you the goods...special Carl's exclusive helix, prim and secondary springs, weights to fit your setup...

The majority of Carl's actual testing (tests by Jack and crew) happens from 5 to 8. That is why their setups universally rock in that area. I have two primary riding zones one is lower alt at 3000-6000 and one is 5000-8200. Most of the time I didn't even bother changing and my sled's RUN GOOD (usually). A couple times a year we venture from the home testing grounds to the higher ups of Wyoming. I just dropped some primary weight and once again my sled's seem to run great normally.

call em up 208-853-5550 ask for Chris in Performance...he'll get you all squared away and you'll be happy. I think you are in for a couple hundred bones or just over one ruined 115 belt. If you get the basics then you might spend an extra $90 on another set of weights so you can cover some bases. The helix and springs seem to be very wide ranging for constant performance. Once again I don't really know what the prices are so a call is your best bet.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Oh everything I do and say has a reason!

I advocate a BETTER PERFORMING SNOWMOBILE!

I have a long row to hoe on that one but we will eventually ed-u-mo-cate the masses! We will sell a lot of BETTER BOARDS ON THIS AWESOME MACHINE. I'm not talking a little better...I'm talking worth it kind of BETTER!

Hey gang...think on this.

That sled weighed in at 434lbs. How much do you think it weighs in the field with that layer of ice clinging to everything? Answer: A LOT! I don't know about you but I don't really enjoy riding double with Rosie O'donnell on my fancy new buggy.

Now some exciting news that I want to point out about the new PRO. In that photo check out the suspension. What do you see that is missing from most suspensions running in deep heavy snow? THAT SUCKER RUNS CLEAN and that means you don't pack around an extra 75lbs of snow in the back. This is huge in on snow performance and rider feel. Those of us with Holz Racing Alpha-X suspensions already knew this as one of the major benies and now all PRO owners get the same. WINNER WINNER...now I've got to start working on the rest of that sled's icing problems. Hey snow doesn't stick to carbon fiber....wha wha what? For this battle I have chemicals, vinyl, and selective powder coating all lined up.

Premium Features