• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track on New Pro Ride

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Does anyone know what track is coming on the new pro-ride?
I thought the 09 track was a little soft. Really like the power claw and Camo extreme.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
That's a huge discussion. Try searching on it to get the mixed bag of replys. F-Bomb also has a track mod that involves cutting down the outside 1/4" of the track and putting in screws to make it work better.

I have had two of those tracks and either cut them down or swapped them out for a Camo Extreme. They just slide to much in all conditions. Accelerating into a hill climb or trying to brake coming down a steep hill.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
IMO...

The 5.1 is a good track for most conditions most riders...

BUT.... If you are an extreme rider or ride in dense/high-moisture there are better tracks out there.

The 5.1 excells in deep dry powder.

Many people have switched to Camo Extremes, power claws and series IV tracks with better results for their type of riding... some swapped out suspensions at the same time. Make sure to qualify reviews on the tracks with before/after setups.

By no means is the 5.1 the "turd" that some people make the 5.1 out to be.... but that is IMO....there are alot of them out there.

Good thing is, if you swap while still new, the 5.1's have a solid resale value that will take the edge off another $650 track purchase.

dragonfire

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Fargo,N.D.
5.1 track

BugIto ,have you ran the 5.1 polaris track cutdown and how did the cutdown track compare to the camo extreme in powder and coming down hill on a hard pack surface. thanks in advance for a reply. Last year I ran a camo extreme cutdown and as you would expect it really hooked up on any hard surface going uphill or downhill. The only time that I was at Cooke City,the snow was setup so trenching was not an issue . I was thinking of running the stock track cut down on my 2011 RMK or running a camo extreme uncut.Thanks for any ideas.maybe 7 tooth drivers

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
BugIto ,have you ran the 5.1 polaris track cutdown and how did the cutdown track compare to the camo extreme in powder and coming down hill on a hard pack surface. thanks in advance for a reply. Last year I ran a camo extreme cutdown and as you would expect it really hooked up on any hard surface going uphill or downhill. The only time that I was at Cooke City,the snow was setup so trenching was not an issue . I was thinking of running the stock track cut down on my 2011 RMK or running a camo extreme uncut.Thanks for any ideas.maybe 7 tooth drivers

It hooked up a lot better cut down (similar to the CE). I lost a little in the powder, but I liked that it hooked up quicker when I was making hill runs. I noticed that it would spin fast in the powder and lost a little traction, but that's so tough to tell because snow is never the same twice. I think the CE is a great all around track. Not as good as the 5.1 in the soft powder and you will need to play with the limiter strap to get the approach right.

Premium Features