• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pipes

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
no. my guess is there won't been until late this year or early next.

pv

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I think you will see one from SLP in October at the Shows for sale... probably the other makers to follow when they get a production sled/engine in hand for testing.

Still too much in flux with validation calibrations for the aftermarket to commit to the tooling yet.... IMO.

dragonfire

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Fargo,N.D.
pipe availibility

SLP says that they do not have access to a new sled and will get one the same time everybody else does. That would be mid December at the earliest for a pipe.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
IMO, polaris has alot more time, money, and R&D time than SLP or anyone else. I won't be buying the first pipe rushed to production.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
IMO, polaris has alot more time, money, and R&D time than SLP or anyone else. I won't be buying the first pipe rushed to production.

Interesting that you mention that. Jim at Dynotech mentioned that he thought the stock pipe on the 800 Rush that he tested (same motor as Pro RMK) was the culprit for low HP numbers. I think he mentioned that an aftermarket pipe might be the ticket to more power.

So I was hoping to have an SLP early on, but I agree that they will have to do their R&D to get it right. I don't think the Polaris pipe is good just because Polaris has been doing R&D all this time. So often (as we have seen with Polaris), emissions play a big factor in how fuel/exhaust are setup. I'm really hoping that a single will wake the sled up a little. I don't really want to go to a race gas setup with twins.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Remember, Polaris spends their R&D time trying to balance power and still pass emissions. SLP doesn't have to pass emissions. They try to balance reliablilty and power. IMO Polaris has a much longer R&D process than an aftermarket performance shop.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Remember, Polaris spends their R&D time trying to balance power and still pass emissions. SLP doesn't have to pass emissions. They try to balance reliablilty and power. IMO Polaris has a much longer R&D process than an aftermarket performance shop.

true... very true. BUT, other than being EPA acceptable, what does polaris gain by puting a very poor pipe on their most important sled? I seem to remember SLP's pipe not makeing any power on the 08-10 800's unless you had a full SLP set up. I beleive that was according ot Dynotech jim's websight. I may be wrong but that is what i seem to remember. :light:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
true... very true. BUT, other than being EPA acceptable, what does polaris gain by puting a very poor pipe on their most important sled? I seem to remember SLP's pipe not makeing any power on the 08-10 800's unless you had a full SLP set up. I beleive that was according ot Dynotech jim's websight. I may be wrong but that is what i seem to remember. :light:

Polaris' poor pipe in regards to what? power? quality? We lose power to meet emissions. We don't get light weight ceramic coated pipes and cans because of noise and mfg costs.

I didn't know the SLP pipe didn't make power unless you had the full setup, but in my eyes it makes sense because there are 3 areas to choke off airflow. y-pipe, pipe, and can. I can imagine why you would need all 3 to complete a performance kit because the 3 work together as a system. I'm no tuning expert but that would be my take on it. If you don't change the whole set there would still be a bottle neck at some point that would kill the performance. You might be able to change the y-pipe and can and keep the stock pipe but I'm not sure... JMOs

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i want a pipe, y pipe, and can. and i want a pc5 with the correct SLP map for the pipe set. that's all, tell SLP to get started on that for me and deliver it with my sled. oh and lets keep this hush so i can keep my 4 year warranty.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
i want a pipe, y pipe, and can. and i want a pc5 with the correct SLP map for the pipe set. that's all, tell SLP to get started on that for me and deliver it with my sled. oh and lets keep this hush so i can keep my 4 year warranty.

me too! and oh yea, for free!! haha :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features