• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Stroke pump gas boost

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
More info would great, was looking at getting a turbo set-up from you guys like what mitch is running but if these superchargers are going to be the real deal sign me up

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
seeking more info... Im still a hair skeptical, but curious to see how it goes... its the summer.. cant just be teasing with pictures like those.

also, I know you said its not a rotrex blower.. but looks more like a vortech super. Could be wrong, but at this point I have nothing better to do with my time than sit and be skeptical.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Your Kidding right? You can see the chaincase plain as day behind the can. That belt and pullies you see is the supercharger belt.

DEEEeeeeeeeeeeeer! :face-icon-small-dis I had to take a second look, as the pics here at work are small and I cannot enlarge them. In fact, I was lucky to even get a pic at all.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am curious on the tunnel dump.I thought boondockers dumped in front of the drivers and they would bog in deep snow so they started dumping behind the drivers. Hope the project works. It would be nice to have another choice in the mix.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
So all of your "step up" is done by the pulley drive ratio? I see there is a gear box,and Im assuming it has a planet type setup in it as that is the only way to get enough ratio. what kinda of step up? What kind of impeller speed? I have never seen it done this way on a turbo based compressor just on roots, helix, or screw positive displacement blowers. That looks pretty sexy but to get some boost numbers and keep the air moving for good throttle responce that little wheel is gonna have to haul a$$. Im very intrigued by all this SC 2 stroke talk....a cant wait to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
AHHH,, but that was with a turbo,, blowers are not touchy like a turbo to exhaust back pressure because they are not exhaust driven..

they still wont like being potato plugged up, but no more fussy to it than a stocker..

thats the diff between apples and blowers..LOL

gus

Jul 22, 2008
So all of your "step up" is done by the pulley drive ratio? I see there is a gear box,and Im assuming it has a planet type setup in it as that is the only way to get enough ratio. what kinda of step up? What kind of impeller speed? I have never seen it done this way on a turbo based compressor just on roots, helix, or screw positive displacement blowers. That looks pretty sexy but to get some boost numbers and keep the air moving for good throttle responce that little wheel is gonna have to haul a$$. Im very intrigued by all this SC 2 stroke talk....a cant wait to see how it plays out.

The charger uses a garrett compressor wheel that spins at 70,000 rpm. It makes 5 psi boost at 4000 rpm! Half of the step up is in the belt and half is in the gear case.

The tunnel dump exhaust is for noise although from what I found with the turbo setup this was the only place that you could dump the exhaust on a carbed 2stroke in the deep snow. When it went out the bottom it would die when sidehilling downhill to the right, and in the tunnel it never misses a beat.

Last edited:
S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
Dave I'll volunteer my basically stock xp for a run, my guess is it won't be 151 as claimed because the difference between my sled and mitchs was night and day the last ride out. It was as if i pulled one spark plug out

Premium Features