• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cpi turbos good or bad

B

BC_kid

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 17, 2007
ive been thinking about purchasing a cpi turbo kit for my 06 rev but i want to hear what you guys have to say about them first or point me in the right direction for a good kit thanks

G
Apr 23, 2008
As long as you get the system with a garrett ball bearing turbo its a decent kit.
I have one and support 2 others that are durable and fun.

bottom line is you get what you pay for, CPI kits are as bare bones as it gets, you'll spend another 2000 getting all your periferals together.
gauges, clutching , jets , gears, filters, intercooler, better oil pump, etc.

support is poor at best, I support their systems on this sitte better than they do.... period.....

turbo performance can get you a system that is much more (complete )..

you can roll your own if you have some tuning savy and be ahead of the game as you will know EVERY inch of the system YOU build....

its a buyers market,, call around and make your decision..

Gus

R

Revanator

Kinda off the subject here, but heres my .02

Never heard anything bad about a CPI kit, just as Gus said.. pretty bare bones kit and your going to need a couple more things to make it sound.

As far as best kit, plus excellent support... Turboboyz make a super kit!

Boostwerx is another kit, never seen one in person though.

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
i believe that rexburg motorsports were selling these kits a couple years back they might have some insight?

U
Get a turbo performance kit! I purchased a used sled with a TP kit already installed. Bryce spent an afternoon with me helping iron out a few issues (that were not TP kit issues), he also answered his phone at 9:00 pm one night when I couldn't get fuel pressure. He called me back the next day to see if I got the problem fixed. Remember this was a used kit, but I tell you...they back their kits 100%. Customer service is a HUGE part of the equation on a turbo kit!

Premium Features