• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reducing Engine deceleration on the Nytro

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK, Whats the silver bullet on making the Nytro NOT decelerate so dang hard when you let up on the throttle?

Once again it seemed like the sled wanted to toss me over the front end several times today when it would stop so quickly the moment I let up on the throttle when going slow in the trees.

There has to be a way to let this thing slow down more gradually.??

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
The tried and true method is "Adapt"
Changing a habit is free, you could spend a bunch of time with clutch weights and in the end have something different but it will take longer to set it up than it will to train your thumb:face-icon-small-hap

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
OK, Whats the silver bullet on making the Nytro NOT decelerate so dang hard when you let up on the throttle?

Once again it seemed like the sled wanted to toss me over the front end several times today when it would stop so quickly the moment I let up on the throttle when going slow in the trees.

There has to be a way to let this thing slow down more gradually.??

ummm...dont chop the throttle?..ease up on it instead.....

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
It is a problem with the nytro. It is VERY jumpy around engagement. One thing I can recommend is to keep a little throttle on at most times. That seems to help a little bit.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This isn't an issue at speed.
It's only a problem in the 5-10mph range.
The reduction of just a little thumb pressure results in the sled STOPPING rather abruptly, which all too often means I eat the handle bars again.

There has to be a happy medium out here somewhere???

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Nope. Like was said above, you eat the bars enough times, your thumb will learn to keep the rest of you on the right side of the bars. Self preservation is a wonderful thing. Your thumb will save you if you keep at it!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Lovely!

1195435260847559291dagobert83_thumb.svg.hi.png

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
you can suspend the forward inertia that is accelerated by deceleration by initiating a fastening system in the back region of your outside garmet in the central region which will be likely pant belt height..from this you can then accommadate a bunjie to be fastened to your rear bumper...this should limit the intrusion of your body into the forward off limits of your sled that you are currently trying to avoid...or like suggested above...train your thumb..

Last edited:

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
you can suspend the forward inertia that is accelerated by deceleration by initiating a fastening system in the back region of your outside garmet in the central region which will be likely pant belt height..from this you can then accommadate a bunjie to be fastened to your rear bumper...this should limit the intrusion of your body into the forward off limits of your sled that you are currently trying to avoid...or like suggested above...train your thumb..

Ahhh! I fell on the floor in laughter!! Don't forget the kanuter valve.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Thats classic!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

WE HAVE A 100% WARRANTY MONEY BACK INCLUDING RETURN SHIPPING IF YOU FEEL IT IS NOT FOR YOU

LENNON'S ENGINE BRAKE ELIMINATOR SPRING

This drive clutch spring is for all Yamaha snowmobiles with a four cycle engine .

ALL MODELS WITH FUEL INJECTION ENGINES AND WITH CARB.S..

This drive clutch spring is especially made so that your drive clutch will not slam open when you release the throttle and the engine returns to idle.

Will not affect your warranty or the performance of your machine, but it will give you the smooth take off and slow down that we are all used to in snowmobiling and still have all the power .

Comes with installation instructions .

We offer 100 percent money back guarantee, including shipping. because we want to get the engine braking fix on as many sleds that we can.
but just in case we due find some one , its always possible, we offer full refund.

WE NEED TO KNOW IF YOUR SLED IS CARB. OR EFI WHEN YOU PURCHASE

Buy now and start enjoying your Yamaha 4 cycle snowmobile.

Any questions, please ask and we will try to get back to you. or call LENNON'S POWER EQUIPMENT @ 518-773-7175 . if you have trouble getting through leave your # we well get back to you. we have been in business 35 years and are very busy this time of year.

HAPPY SNOWMOBILING

%21Bis9z+%21%21mk%7E$%28KGrHqQH-CgEs7cWYKPUBLQTnG3fB%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Perfect.
I am good at being the guinea pig.

And I am HIGHLY motivated to stop eating the mountain strap on my handlebars when I let off on the throttle at low speeds.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I don't know what a primary spring alone is going to do.

Part of me is thinking that a higher engagement is the way to go. As to the reason you are on the bars, I think part of it is the engine breaking, then part of it is the very aggressive engagement. I know that I stand bracing for the torque you get hit with at engagement, that when that torque is gone and you slow down you are off center and easily fall forward.

I noticed when I was playing around with my clutching, that a higher engagement allowed for a much much smoother engagement. Something to think about. I should probably put mine back higher again.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, what the heck, I ordered one of the spring kits.
Might as well give it a try and see what happens.
Easy enough to reverse it back to stock.

Premium Features