• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Rmk and Muff Pot

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Any notice where one of these would fit. It looks like to me, the only place would be where the pipe and can meat...seems like that spot would take for ever to get hot

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
That mount point may be interesting. We had an infrared heat gun on a trip this year, and after decent pull on my 700 Edge, the stinger portion of the pipe before it entered the can was at 700°. The rest of the can and pipe was somewhere between 350-425°.

I think you would have to be a quick cook to utilize that kind of blast oven.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
i have seen guys just jam it in between the main pipe and the bellypan (on the 2011) and it actually works. no strap necessary.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
My friend rides an '09 M8 and he riveted it right on top of the can. Works great.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Nick cooks better than he rides anyway!!!!!!!!!!

lol, not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not....

Sled Solutions said:
The new RMK's are going to be tough since the "hood" doesn't open. I think I'll be able to fit a Hot Dogger and have access from the side.

After using a muff pot, i wont go back the hot dogger, unless it wont fit.....The muff pot is the way to go!!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
lol, not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not....

After using a muff pot, i wont go back the hot dogger, unless it wont fit.....The muff pot is the way to go!!

The only reason I think the hot dogger will be the only option is that it's thin and just clips into place. I don't know if you'll be able to clamp the muff pot in place.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Last edited:

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Muff Pot location

I had my Muff Pot installed at pipe muffler junction it worked very well. I placed a piece of 1 inch square tube aluminum under the muff pot mount as a stand off so that pot was not riding on pipe. It is important to secure the square tube with 2 hose clamps (one on each end) before clamping muff pot mount. I believe that it will be very difficult to access any type of hot dogger/muff pot on the pipe it's self as the middle of hood is fixed in place.

Last edited:
Premium Features