• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boyesen Turbo Reeds Any Issues?

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
Is it just me or is anyone else having reed issues? The stockers didn't last and I thought these would be the ticket but I only got 3 days on them and got towed out on the 4th. Thankfully it wasn't a chopper ride. When I pulled them out the stopper was just sitting there... the 3 screws are gone and now the motor is locked up. Hopefully they were just sitting there and fell down when I pulled the cages out??? Now I have to pull the motor and tear it down. What kind of warranty coverage does Boyesen have besides none? Is there an icon for raging anger?

IMG_1202.jpg IMG_1203.jpg

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
What we have been finding is that reeds need to be spaced about .020 or put a set of our girdles in front of the blocks. This way the reeds do not hit the port bridges. No problems after doing this. jmoore and high roller can atest to. On the stock reed and boyseen reed peteals we have been cutting them like this. The reeds blow open farther than an asperated motor causing them to hit the top of the bridges.

sled nov 2009 002.jpg

sled nov 2009 003.jpg

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
What we have been finding is that reeds need to be spaced about .020 or put a set of our girdles in front of the blocks. This way the reeds do not hit the port bridges. No problems after doing this. jmoore and high roller can atest to. On the stock reed and boyseen reed peteals we have been cutting them like this. The reeds blow open farther than an asperated motor causing them to hit the top of the bridges.

View attachment 104129

View attachment 104130

That's great information, thanks. I wish you would have told me that when I bought the reeds though.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Sorry man, We didn't know that at the time. It was just stupid how we found it.

I was screwing around and stuck my fingers in the reeds making the turbo 2stroke motor sound and felt a scrape on the reed. So took the reeds out and set them in unistalled cylinder and looked at them through the bore scope and found that the reeds hit.

That is something that is just stupid! and the way i found it is even more stupid!!!!

My apology if you feel we had something to do with it.

boyseeen knows about it and is looking at it.

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
PTO side Brycter. No idea on charge tube temps. It was running awesome after I put these in, the best all year. Needs to be reliable though, towed out twice this year. Is boyesen going to stand behind these and help out? Maybe you could put a video up on youtube of your two-stroke turbo sounds, bust out some garage freestyle???

Premium Features