• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro RMK hyped up like 2008 XP

rlt504

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
I'm scared to snowcheck one because I'm scared it could end up being like the 2008 XP. Over hyped up before it is proven. You cant give away a 2008 XP with all their problems. Should I not be scared and snowcheck one before it is proven?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Yea.....and? first year models always have some issues. It is nearly impossible to come out with a new model with out having some small issues. Even in the automotive world, problems are common (cough cough toyota).

If your worried don't buy one. It will make my re-sale worth more the less there are.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Most people I know that had an 08 xp love them and haven't found any reason to upgrade...until now with the 800 e-tc I guess.

Polski is still using the same 800 motor but has refined it. I feel a little better about that then a totally new motor and we all know how well Poo does with 1st year motors.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm scared to snowcheck one because I'm scared it could end up being like the 2008 XP. Over hyped up before it is proven. You cant give away a 2008 XP with all their problems. Should I not be scared and snowcheck one before it is proven?

Dude, it's a snowmobile. Not a marriage, new job or new house. I know it's expensive, but every sled you buy is a walk of faith. You can have a Yamaha Vector if you want super reliability. If you're scared then wait and see how much fun everyone will have. There will some issue, there is with every sled. Even the AC guys can't deny the Diamond Drive fallacy.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yea.....and? first year models always have some issues. It is nearly impossible to come out with a new model with out having some small issues. Even in the automotive world, problems are common (cough cough toyota).
Believe it or not, despite recent press attacks, Toyotas and Lexus' are still rated as the most problem-free vehicles on the road. Good comparison tho.....because just like with snowmobiles, the internet usually exagerates what is going on in the real world.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Believe it or not, despite recent press attacks, Toyotas and Lexus' are still rated as the most problem-free vehicles on the road. Good comparison tho.....because just like with snowmobiles, the internet usually exagerates what is going on in the real world.

Thanks, i just used Toyota as a my ***** cause they are in the news everyday.

J

jpete27

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota
Toyota is off topic, but I was following a Prius with my 2006 Impala SS, and the speed limit is 70. They were going 65. Fricken foreign cars. I just passed him going 85+. Screw Obama and his quest for a Green America. P.s...don't be afraid to snowcheck a sled! With that 4 year warranty you should be set.

Last edited:

rlt504

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
The 4 year warranty doesn't help much when your in the mountains broke down in a ravine full of snow and you end up sitting at the lodge well everybody else is snowmobiling. I hope Polaris gets this one right because it looks like its going to be a sweet sled!

P

prairiebound

Dec 3, 2007
new polaris

I got the snowest mag. today and watched the polaris cd that came with. looking for a different sled. i have been riding only polaris since they bought out john deere. priced some sno check sleds but not a polaris. they have not brought much to the table for a several years. hope they work for you sledders. be nice to see a polaris highmark more than they have for the last few years. but i will either be riding my 03 or jump on a ac or skidoo. by the way when i watched the cd i thought that if the only way polaris could get that sled to look that good was use the riders that they used it probably was not a very good sled. those guys could make any sled look good. they are that good of riders. just my opinion but my money will not go to polaris this year.

T
Dec 25, 2007
prairebound...

of all the years to NOT go with Polaris??? Hmmmm....I haven't been this excited since the EDGE chassis came out....a long time ago...

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
Any of you a little worried about the cases not being cooled.
ski doo had to drop the sdi because to much heat in the crank case area with no fuel going in there to cool it. and that was at 125 HP
With the e-tech they had to put coolant through the cases to keep them cool.
Polaris now has only two injectors wich is fine but nothing shoots cool fuel into the cases to cool them. Yes the oil will stay on the bottom end better but still what cools it?
Maybe I'm just over ananlyzing it.

Premium Features