• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Skis for Next year

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
Im thinking about swaping out the skis on my IQR right now i have CandA Razors but they feel a little heaving in the powder. Right now my options are RMK skis the Polaris Grippers or Simmons Flexis, What everyones input on what they use. Im leaning towards the Grippers for price wise unless i found a good deal on The simmons.

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
I really like my Powder Pros with the Carls cut in them. They work great in the powder!

Those are some interesting disign. Does the cut go on the outside or the inside. I Tried looking for the Pick you sent me a couple months ago to see those skis but i cant find it. You wanna post up a pick of the front end. Thanks Buddy

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
i have a set of powder pros and a set of SLP SLTs. i really liked the pp more often on my edge.... but the iqr is so rider forward that i feel the slts are better all around because they are not as aggressive. on deep/dry days i'll throw the pp on; but i'd say 80-90% of the time i rock the slts.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Currently I'm trying some new skies from PPD, they are kind of like a Simmons with the middle being C&A pro but have 3 small carbides, so far in 12 to 18 inches of snow they work really well I'll test em this week at Waldon and report back , they run lots less that the others

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
Simmons Gen II with the out side cut off i hear is amazing! But i love my Grippers but the only bad thing is they get tore up pretty easy! ley look like crap real fast but i bounce them off trees all the time lol.

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
Thats kinda why im leaning towards the Grippers. I live in SW minn and snow conditions are kinda ****ty most of the time you never know what your gunna hit. This way i wreak one im not as much. When you say with the edge cut off. are u sappose to trim the outside part. I havent seen any applications with the skis cut up like that.

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
I had a ****ty day today and almost drove down to polaris to buy some powder hounds or Grippers, not sure if it a good thing they closed before i got there or not.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
SLP Powder pro's

I have run them all and the Powder pro's are the way to go for all off trail and most on trail riding. You might like powderhound's in the soft snow but put a little crust on it and they dart back and forth out of control....I didn't like that much.

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
i love my powderhounds, only complaint is they seem to push when the snow is pretty soft on the trails but might also have to deal with my rear skid set up. plus ive had great luck with them i ripped the bolt clean outta one and they sent a new one for free.

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
Like the PP mod but for the gen2 simmons. It will carve like the Gen1 and float like the Gen 2

Premium Features