• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Polaris Ever 2011 Pro Ride

G
Feb 21, 2010
I was very fortunate today because I had the opportunity to test ride the new 800 RMK Pro Ride in Island Park. I would just like to say that polaris has hit a home run with this thing. I mean they really did there homework. I went on this ride with the attitude that I was satisfied with my current dragon but when I rode the pro ride I was absolutely astonished. It defiantly surpassed my expectations. People are probably saying just what I was saying, honestly how much different can it be than the 2010, Well A lot. The ride ability is phenomenal with the way the center of gravity and the new skid work. I had the chance to pound the suspension on some really hard jumps and all I can say is it handle them like nothing else that I have ridden. This sled is very rider friendly. When you step on this sled you can really tell that this is the most refined and structurally sound mountain sled that has ever been built.:first: Where ever you ride this sled can do it. From the trail to the steepest hills, this sled dominates it all. Its a real winner.
The factory boys gave us a walk around and the thing that I found very interesting is the two piece cast bulk head. If you need to you can replace just half of the bulk head at a time, thats impressive.
To all the none believers and the Polaris haters I am happy to say that this will be the sled to beat.
Thanks POLARIS

P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
Can't Wait

Lucky Bastard

If only we could ride them out on the West Coast. I'm at Mt. Hood Oregon and correct me if I'm wrong but there are no DEMO's anywhere close to here. Enough of me B1tching!!!

How did the Air box/intake system look. I'm hoping it isn't based on any of the old ideas they had!

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Lucky Bastard

If only we could ride them out on the West Coast. I'm at Mt. Hood Oregon and correct me if I'm wrong but there are no DEMO's anywhere close to here. Enough of me B1tching!!!

How did the Air box/intake system look. I'm hoping it isn't based on any of the old ideas they had!

They cancelled the demo trip to Mt. Hood which was for the Oregon and Washington dealers. Not enough snow...

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Lucky Bastard

I was on that ride in island park too. They did address the airbox moisture issue. They never did take off the hood, only the side panels, but the airbox is contained in a much better spot now. One nice thing that I found was the Polaris reps were actually pretty candid in what they needed to improve. Seems they are more than aware of what has been going on in the other IQ models and have taken steps to improve it. It is unfortunate more people didn't get to ride them, but if the mapping and the motor prove to be reliable, there may be a lot of people swithching over. It is truly an innovative sled, and very fun to ride.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
Still waiting for my apology..........it's been 5 years and nothing yet.

Rode with a guy last weekend that hit the Island Park ride. He siad he really liked the 2011 and wants to buy one. Then the crank locked up on his 2009 D8 4 miles up the trails, might have killed the sale.

J

jfield

Dec 2, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
I second GrassRacer i was also on that ride and i do think its the sled to beat. If i didn't have a new sled in my garage i would absolutely check one from POLARIS WEST, the best Polaris dealer in MT imo. Thanks for the ride Brad and Brandy and Polaris

Last edited:
A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I second GrassRacer i was also on that ride and i do think its the sled to beat. If i didn't have a new sled in my garage i would absolutely check one from POLARIS WEST, the best Polaris dealer in MT imo. Thanks for the ride Brad and Brandy and Polaris

Ditto on Polaris West. Great people to deal with.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
No apology necessary for the 2007 Doo, they didn't pretend there wasn't a problem and then abandon the project and the customer and the dealer.

2007 Doo is still running, and quite well I might add.

I like the looks of the new Poo, but they owe me and a lot of other customers a heart felt apology.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Is it better then a XP. It sure looks alot like one. I am looking to get either one of these or new XP. Any suggestions?

We'll find out by 2013 for sure, until then I like how they repackaged the electronics, we'll see if that helps the reliability at all. I am also amazed to see such a substantial weight loss. Maybe they just ditched the vr and ECU since they weren't worth a chit in the first place. lol.

I also like to see that they narrowed the stance on the XP's, should make them handle closer to the D8's when sidehilling.

Decisions, decisions.

S
Jan 14, 2010
rmk

I watched the video and not one person said anything about the reliability of the d 8 that you hear poeple complaining about I wish someone would have said hey what about all the problems the d 8 has and let them answer on film

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's Dan Adams from Slednecks running the camera.

In Vid #2 at 2:10 that was me hitting the U turn.
And my interview at 5:15.

It was hard to talk cause I was out of breath and didn't have any thoughts ready to do an interview...LOL I had been riding for about an hour straight and wasn't ready to talk yet. HAHA.
I was also hoarse...just had gotten back from State wrestling 2 days before. HAHA

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I watched the video and not one person said anything about the reliability of the d 8 that you hear poeple complaining about I wish someone would have said hey what about all the problems the d 8 has and let them answer on film

LMAO! It's a MFR. promo video.

Premium Features