• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stretching a 153 nytro to 162

D
Jan 12, 2009
yorkton sask
Hey guys i just bought a 40th anniversary nytro and wanna stretch it to a 162. Just wondering what is the best route to go, being a big guy and riding in the mountains and in the prairies. Timbersled makes a skid, m 10 i dunno what to do and just looking for some thoughts or things other guys have tried thanks.Want something that works well and going to last nothing worse then wanting to ride and having to fix a cracked part.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Going with a new aftermarket rear skid is best. Loose weight and they perform better. Lots of options. Just depends how much you want to spend. I started with Rail extensions from Tracksusa then just recently moved onto a Mtn Tamer with Ice age rails. Both worked the Mtn Tamer just works better. Ive got the rail extensions still if you want to go that route id make yah a pretty good deal just have to buy some Hyfax for a 162 Apex.

M

Midstates

Nov 26, 2001
Slater, IA
skid

A Arctic Cat 153 05 to 10 yrs bolt in stock holes, and offer a 2" or so setback, add a offset axle and 9" wheels and a 162 fits perfect. I put in a 2010 Ac air susp. for $1000 total. saved approx. 27lbs. Alot cheaper for older spring options from AC. Great approach angle also. Brad

Premium Features