• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo specific pipe

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
Went to Irwin this weekend to pull some steep hills and 5 miles from the truck my pipe cracked about 12 inches on the outside and the tubing on the inside almost broke off also.Luckily I had a backup sled.Bohica had a pipe do the same thing in stock form.Anyone else have this prob?Maybe a thicker ga.pipe...Is the CPI pipe holding up?

017 (2).jpg

Last edited:

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
Damb George, I'd say that came a part a little. Looks like you should be able to weld it up. While your at it weld up the rest of the seams too.
Mark

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I have a cpi turbo pipe on my xp and it is runing great. I do not have a stock pipe to run with back to back or any other way to test it against the stock pipe. Mine did crack on one of the outside seams 12" or so after 6 rides and cracked on a inside seam 4 or 5 rides later. I was going to, but have not called cpi to tell them about it. I had a local welder repair it and put better welds on those seams. I had alot of under hood heat so I header wraped it. I also put two of the slp hose clamps over the fat part of the center section to help hold it together/reinforce it. I have made another 5 or 6 rides since and have not had any problems. header wrap really reduced the underhood temps.

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
NPP - Edmonton

NPP will build you a pipe that will not crack. You will get what you pay for. I am going to have him build a pipe for me.

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
Thanks guys,I guess welding her up and reinforcement is the plan for now then.I like the idea of strapping around the fat parts also.Guess i will break out the tig tomorrow night.Appreciate the help!

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
Sled specific. If you are interested I would have one built at the same time, not sure if it would help on the cost. I'm thinking it is not going to be cheap, but it won't break under boost. My CPI pipe split as well.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I chased my tail with the stock pipe cracking on my ZX. I went to a Dynoport and welded the turbo end on, no more cracks.

4ftdeep

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Neils Power Pipes

I highly recommend Neil - I have 10 or so rides in so far with new pipe and no cracking at all. It seemed with the stock pipe it cracked almost every other ride. Neil does really nice work.

66 series 2.jpg 66 Series View.jpg

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
I highly recommend Neil - I have 10 or so rides in so far with new pipe and no cracking at all. It seemed with the stock pipe it cracked almost every other ride. Neil does really nice work.

Sweet.Do you know ballpark how long it took and cost for main pipe?

L

lugnut

Sep 21, 2008
Vancouver Island
Ive got a couple turbo specific pipes that are designed to be stronger. They are built by straightline. Never built a turbo so willing to sell them super cheap. 250 833 6883

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
Ive got a couple turbo specific pipes that are designed to be stronger. They are built by straightline. Never built a turbo so willing to sell them super cheap. 250 833 6883

So Cory I called you about the pipe,and am still waiting for a return call.Did you change your mind?:face-icon-small-win

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
Stock xp pipes are pretty easy to find and cheap. Split it in half along the seams, lay it over the existing pipe on the sled and have it rewelded. Itll never break again. However, Id go with the neils pipe like the other guys said. Neil built one for my IQR, the customer service is second to none and the quality is nothing short of artwork! Get that wallet out though, they arent cheap.

Premium Features