• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Theres a new Sherrif in town... Timbersled's new SnowBike Kit

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've just spend the last week with Allen/Timbersled on their new snowbike prototype..

Impressive to say the least... Troy Johnson of Lincoln County Customs couldn't get enough.

2 feet of fresh sugar-pow... Alpine Wyo... out riding with Dan Adams and the boys from LCC!!

(stock '07 YZ-450F):thumb::peace:

2-15.jpg

Last edited:
S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I have seen this setup in the build stage and the proto seen in the pics and I have to say I give Allan a huge thumbs up for out of the box thinking!! He has been working on this for a wile and allot of time has been spent on this unit to get it right. A great product for sure with allot of testing and I can assure you will make you look at snowbikes in a whole new perspective as far as how they can perform and what can be done when you have a system that floats and performs as well as this kit does.

I am sure as time goes on Allan will give everyone more info and Pics N Vids as well

I have seen this setup in the build stage and the proto seen in the pics and I have to say I give Allan a huge thumbs up for out of the box thinking!! He has been working on this for a wile and allot of time has been spent on this unit to get it right. A great product for sure with allot of testing and I can assure you will make you look at snowbikes in a whole new perspective as far as how they can perform and what can be done when you have a system that floats and performs as well as this kit does.

I am sure as time goes on Allan will give everyone more info and Pics N Vids as well

It looks Loooong, does this thing handle the bums and jumps, or is it more of a powder unit?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Here's a sneak peak :peep:... the official release will be in Jackson Hole for the Hillclimbs next week... two bikes... maybe demos... Looking good.

I'll try to get some better pics.:camera::face-icon-small-hap

NO other details yet.

IMGP1990.jpg

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Now that looks good!! an aproach angle.. what a concept..
Ive dug more snowbikes out than I can count.. this one looks to be the ticket. any weight info??

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Justin, where was the location of that pic? For some reason...I flashed on something familiar about that one.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Ok, found the answer in the thread posted in General.
I was hoping 121". I still have access my old 121 takeoff snowhawk track. Wonder if that would work? I'm hoping they build this kit for an RMZ. :face-icon-small-hap

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
In the works are fit-kits for Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM and possibly Husaberg.

121" track... the Kits are going to come completely assembled and include the track.

Scott, The pic is from Trestle Creek, ID.

I talked with Allen about this yesterday... I got invited along on a ride with the Timbersled crew...He says that after shedding the stock component take-off's.... adds about 40-70 lbs to the machine (dependent on how much the parts removed weigh) . This thing was a blast to ride!!

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Here is a quick helmet cam vid...

What you don't get from the vids is a feel for is the steepness of the terrain till you see the snowballs/sluff rolling down the hill.

The last two bikes in the vid are 450's with the 2-moto kits on them... The first two shown are Timbersled bikes.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
The great thing about this is that the Timbersled does not eat up HP like some of the other snowbikes to get more done in the deep snow...

A 450 RIPs... but then again more HP is always more fun (wink)

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
i would buy a kit today if you build a husaberg kit with right hand drive. could someone post a pic of the back over the top over the unit.

Premium Features