• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MM700 Track ideas

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
Hey guys,
My brother has an 2000 or 2001 MM700 his track is starting to come apart and we were wondering what he can use to replace it? He was thinking of a 144 or 151 but im unsure what the pitch and width of the track is as i ride an M8.

Any help would be great.. Also who makes a can for it? And do you have to change jets or anythingto run a can?

Thanks.

Last edited:
T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
The pitch is 2.52. As for length, it depends on where you ride and what you are looking for performance wise.

I love my Camo 159" x 2" track on my Mtn Max. My buddy has a 156" Camo and loves his. There are a ton of guys on 151's that swear by them. It's totally your choice. I also had a 144" on my sled and it worked well for what it was. It worked great around home, but just wasn't enough for me in the super deep powder.

As for a can, I think SLP must still make them??? I had a Bender on mine and it worked fine. As for jetting, I didn't change anything. I just ran according to Yamaha's charts and it was fine. Thier charts error on the safe side.

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
on my current mountain max i've got the camoplast challenger 151" and i love it. sometimes when the snow is SUPER deep i wish i had some more track under me..but it does just fine. i'm a big jumper and all around rider so the 151" does just fine for my needs.

on my last mountain max i had just a 144" camoplast challenger and a can, and that sled would get you anywhere you wanted it too..just reqired A LOT more effort. especially when the snow got super deep..i had to be WFO or stuck. but...it was a HUGE HUGE improvment over the stock 141" yokohama track..instead of trenching the challenger gets on top of the snow and you gain traction and floatation. saves weight too.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Like the others said. Go 151 or bigger. Camoplast challenger 2.52 pitch 2" track.
As for a can Try to find a Bender "race" can and be sure to buy earplugs. You will likely have to add a bit of wieght to the primary or back the seconary off a little to get your target rpm.

M
Nov 26, 2007
How does a stock MM700 turn a 151, or what type of gearing do you want to do?

Stock it will pull the 151 just fine.
You can always gear it down, I think even with the 141 it helps. I took 1 tooth off the top gear. Stock is 21T I used a 20T. I still have the gear if you want to buy it.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Hey guys,
My brother has an 2000 or 2001 MM700 his track is starting to come apart and we were wondering what he can use to replace it? He was thinking of a 144 or 151 but im unsure what the pitch and width of the track is as i ride an M8.

Any help would be great.. Also who makes a can for it? And do you have to change jets or anythingto run a can?

Thanks.

2.52 pitch 15" wide. You can run a 16" with some minor mods if you wanted to. But the 151 x 2" Camo Challenger(thick paddle) worked great in most all snow conditions. It would be a great improvement from the stock Yoko track
They do offer 2 different Camo Challengers....the stiff paddle, and the Original Challenger that was a thin paddle that was to soft for me. You can go to www.tracksusa.com and look at what they have.

If going to change out the track, it would be a good time to install some anti-ratchet drivers. I have a diagram for putting Wahl 8 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers on the shaft if you want it.

As far as can, Bender or MBRP(2 best sounding IMHO) and also SLP/Sno Stuff. You can search on www.totallyamaha.com for used ones.
Will not have to change any jetting or clutching for the can. There was a used can here in swapmeet not that long ago, I think it was a Sno Stuff.

Last edited:
S

snowgambit

Feb 10, 2008
The good ol' Wyo
I ran a stock single pipe and MBRP can on my 00 Mountain Max. Put a 151x15x2 inch camo under it and it floated a lot better. The MBRP can is very light but i have to say it was so damn loud, worse than some of the triples.....I would go with a silencing can if I were to do it again. Enjoyed the hell out of that sled tho

30rock

Nov 9, 2008
The 156 camo challenger 2003 model turns fine under my stock MM700 motor. I do have a few other mods which make a difference: aftermarket tunnel, rolled chaincase, 9tooth drivers, 19/42 gearing. And think about a rail and tunnel ext kit. Gear down to 20/40 or 19/40 and address correct primary weights and spring for elevation ridden. If the secondary is stock, a roller kit can be added.
I did have a bender can, it was good for only a couple years and bought the SLP ceramic coated can. I now wear ear plugs most of the time riding.lol

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
I know a guy that has took a ac attack 20 and just trimmed it a little bit with a box knife to fit under the stock mm tunnel and ran 3.0 drivers it works quite well just an idea

2000 MM 700,Hauck Triple pipes,156",Shaved Head,Reed spacers,Transfer Enhancement,Boss Seat

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Hey guys,

Thanks.

Your post doesn't say if you are running extroverts or not but while you are in there changing the track you may as well throw some under there.

As far as tracks, I did run a 151x15x2 2.52 pitch track for 4-5 years until I ripped a few lugs off of it. Then i threw an A20 AC track under it with 3.0 pitch drivers. Just have to trim a little off each lug to make it fit but that only took maybe 30 min tops. I think it works good. The trimming took most of the finger off the A20 so it doesn't have the slip and slide action but still has enough finger on it to hook up really well. The main reason i went with the A20 was because my 2.52 drivers were toast from 7 years of use and periods of ratcheting so i needed new ones, and I got the track for $50.

There are lots of options, see what is in your budget and go from there

Premium Features