• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revalve shocks for my RX1 or buy Floats

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I Priced floats at $750 and can get the stockers revalved for $160. I like to boondock and when I hit the open stuff that is rutted up I need to stay on top of the sled. I also enquired about the GYTR shocks and the parts guy never heard of them .

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
You might consider titanium springs along with a revalve...the price would be real close to the floats, but performance would probably be better, and weight would be the same +/-

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
pointers

I have stock Apex shocks revalved by Milke at Carver 60.00 each for progressive 3 stage valving....works like a charm! I'd like to go to a dual rate spring but can't complain to much with what I have now! I know HAMMER ran the GYTR shocks and loved them, once they were revalved of course because Yamaha has no idea how to valve shocks! Revalve the GYTR shocks have the shaft internally shortened 5/8" and then use a spacer on the tie rod and they should work fine without binding on full drop. You can find them used for around $300.00 a set plus the valving...well worth the cost and you have more adjustability then a Float 2, better handling and are you really going to notice 4lb more weight? Hope this helps.......
cheers!

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Thx for the help guys. I am not after the weight loss ... the handling is what I am after and best bang for the buck.

Premium Features