• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'09 SnoPro 600 in the Mountains

A
Feb 2, 2010
Hello everyone, I am new here, but have heard a lot of great things from members of Hardcoresledder, which I've been a member of for over 8 years.

Anyway, I am bringing my '09 AC SnoPro 600 out to Togwotee in March and was wondering if any of you have ridden a SnoPro in the mountains and what changes you made; especially to the clutching.

I put the Holtzman ATACC system on my sled and after I re-jet it before going out there, it should compensate for the altitude and temps with no problems. I really need to know what clutching changes should be made and if aftermarket skiis will really improve things or not. I also have on the cobra track.

I know this won't be an M-1000 or anything like that, but I would like to ride my own sled instead of spending over a grand to rent a beat-down POS. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
C

CATastrophe

May 21, 2009
Edmonds/Mukilteo, WA
I just haven't talked to ANYBODY else who rides one, so I wanted to give my silly 2 cents. I won't be a lot of help as I am probably nowhere near your caliber of riding (and I'm a girl, so I ride differently ) but I have been riding my '08 Snopro 600 racer here in Washington for 2 years now. We haven't adjusted anything from stock clutching after we bought her. We typically ride from 4000-7000'

I am just running running pump gas, but I LOVE taking her boondocking and up the hills, she rips right along side my guys '09 M8 :face-icon-small-hap with the exception of the side hill... I have the C and A Pro's still on her and she's a bit too wide and short to pull it off without keeping her at full throttle :face-icon-small-sho and as long as I don't let off the power in the deeper stuff, she plows right through. We only got a few feet this year though.

Everyone picks on her for not having a "longer track" telling me I shouldn't try taking to the mountains. By the end of the day they are all goin' "damn, we were wrong"... :face-icon-small-coo

I am so used to riding her after all this time, I really don't mind the downfalls of the short track... she's so much more "fun" to ride on the trails in and out.

Premium Features