• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

longer front shocks on 98 RMK ?

B
Jan 24, 2008
i have a 98 rmk mod-i am wanting to swap in some longer front shocks to raise the front end up a bit more and add more travel-i am planning to swap in a 159 edge rear skid-does anyone know if edge front shocks would work or if the ctc would be to long-or what ctc shocks would work ? thanks for your input:face-icon-small-hap

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
if you are leaving all the outher front stuff the same 1 inch longer than stock is as much as i can recomend i think stock will fall between 14.25-14.5 depending on who measures so my advice is 900 king cat shocks for 2 reasons 1 they have titanum springs ( :D light wheight) and 2 they are about 15.5- 15.75 inches long.

P

prairiebound

Dec 3, 2007
put the skidframe in first and see if your front end is off the ground. I put a edge 2 chassis in a 93 440 lc and the skies were a inch off the ground. Tightened up the limiter strap and have run it that way. have tried to buy some fox rebuildable to put on the front but have been outbid so far. The biggest problem I see is all the shocks that i look at are for a lot bigger sleds and are going be stiffer than what i want. so after i buy them i send them off to rebuilt and revalved. also most of the fox shocks that i see for sale look like they sat a the bottom of a lake for the last 5 years. good luck on your front end rebuild. the new skid is the easy part of what you are trying to do

I have a 98 xc 700 mod that i am looking to do this with, the stock fox's are 15 7/8 long and i just bought some walker evans air shox off ebay that are around 17" (the guy said) off a dragon. they havent showed up yet but will let you know how it works when i get them on!! I also have a 156 extra lite skid from a 2000 with a 151 track and so far it works good.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
You guys need to swap out to a full xtra 10 front end. Steering rods, Radius rods, tie rods, trailing arms shocks, ect. then you will have no problems then and the sled will perform 100 percent better.

This is a full X10 XLT.

XLT WEDGE XTRA 10 MOD 3.jpg

Premium Features