• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05' IQR with Polaris 685 engine setup

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Was just wondering If anyone could give me an idea on clutching and jetting for a 685 polaris with twins. Just bought the sled from a dealer and was told it was set up for 6 to 9 thousand feet. cant hold r's up at 8 to 9 thousand feet. Changed belt two weekends ago and im leaning twards cluching now. Was told that it had a low comp head on it for pump gas but im not sure that its safe to run a 685 with twin pipes on only pump fuel. Havnt tore into the clutches yet but did notice that the primary has a bright green spring. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
Take an LED light and look down you plug holes. How's the piston wash look? You should be able to see a thumb nail size part of bare aluminum on the top of your piston at each transfer port. Any more than that and you are running fat.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
anyone know of weight setup for the primary and spring that should be run with the 685 on pump fuel with twins at 7-10 thousand feet? What about gearing and secondary setup and belt size. thanks

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
any ideas on the primary weight setup at 7-10 thousand feet for this engine setup with a 155 polaris track? Just having problems holding rpm's in deeper powder. thanks

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
RMPs

Are you hitting your peak RPM then it drops back or doesn't it even hit top RPM at all? (Top RPM depends on the recommendations of the pipe manufacture)

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
Okay. You can try that and let us know.

I would think it is your primary wts. being a little heavy or too much on the toes. Can you see it shifting(on your tach)?

There is a great thread on Snowest under performance/modifications describing the art or clutching check it out.

Premium Features