• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

radiator delete

D
Mar 3, 2008
I have 09 nytro mtx can any one tell me if I can delete the car rad under the steering post, i have ice scratchers and ride in the mountains. is the front cooler and the little side cooler enough?

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I would say no. Sleds like to run cool and based of my own experience with my MTX over the last 3 seasons the radiator is deffinitely needed.

D
Mar 3, 2008
well I removed the rad and installed a temp gauge it runs around 160f in snow ,and on the trail with the scratchers down about 170 ,but it's close to not being enough it warms up really quick if your on glare ice or idleing to long, i have not had the temp light come on and i've had the gauge to almost 200f. I am planning on just moving the side cooler to the back of the tunnel using longer aluminium tubes ,I think this will be plenty of cooling. This removes about 10 lbs including fluid and really opens up under hood space.

p.s I put about 300 miles on since removing the rad ,not some 10 minute test

Last edited:
K

KJFarmer

Aug 24, 2009
North Dakota
Coolant Bottle?

For guys running the radiator delete what are you using for a coolant bottle or fill spot. I assume since you took out the radiator and fill cap on it you had to add a bottle somewhere to check levels and fill it?

Thanks

Kyle

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
For guys running the radiator delete what are you using for a coolant bottle or fill spot. I assume since you took out the radiator and fill cap on it you had to add a bottle somewhere to check levels and fill it?

Thanks

Kyle

what about april hero snow? why do you need the space under the hood? just asking

One of the best mods Ive done also. Lighter and more room up front, easier to acces stuff like IC etc.

P1000613.jpg

P1000544.jpg

P1000542.jpg

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
my dads mcx t nytro is only running coolant through the running board edges, small u cooler, rad ia deleted, 3000kms with no problems, bleeding and filling a pain though without the coolant bottle though. just got the rad cap on a t fitting

Premium Features