• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does anyone know if a 96 ZR and a 99 PS 700 are the same?

Soulcrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Afton, WY
I need to know if the ZR, Wildcat and Powder Special 700 are the same. I need a cylinder and piston for the ZR and found one from a Powder Special.

Soulcrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Afton, WY
Thanks guys. What would used one be worth? Its my boys sled, He found a used one off a PS and the told him to make an offer.

P
Nov 26, 2007
the 99 and 2000 700's engines were the same as prior years except the crank has a different taper on the mag side so the cranks and mags are not interchangable. cylinders are. I have a used 99 700 cylinder I will sell but it does need re-plated

J

JPM

Nov 30, 2007
Alberta
Exhaust Port Hight

The main difference between the wildcat 700 and the zr was the exhaust port hight, the newer powder specials were suppose to use the zr cyl although we have seen both types on that series of motor. There was even one i saw that had both types of cyls on it so use a verneir calipr and measure to the top of the exhaust port to be sure what you have and are looking at. JPM

Premium Features