• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EBC Update

J
WTF we finally get to start riding and now they want them back for a update already! Is this three day turnaround going to take three months to complete just like the original ready next week BS we all heard before? Sorry BD, confidence level a little low here.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
WTF we finally get to start riding and now they want them back for a update already! Is this three day turnaround going to take three months to complete just like the original ready next week BS we all heard before? Sorry BD, confidence level a little low here.

My impression was they were going to send one out and you send yours back.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT

Guess you can always keep it and hope it keeps working for you. I got mine back in a coupe days.

J
According to their website they have a form to fill out and send with the ebc to them and then they will process it, update it and ship it back to us. Most of us will most likely be looking at 4 to 6 days shipping and get to pay the shipping to get it there. The least they could do for us is give us next day shipping both ways to help compinsate for this never ending cluster.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
According to their website they have a form to fill out and send with the ebc to them and then they will process it, update it and ship it back to us. Most of us will most likely be looking at 4 to 6 days shipping and get to pay the shipping to get it there. The least they could do for us is give us next day shipping both ways to help compinsate for this never ending cluster.

Hmmm that's not gonna work even ups or fedex take a week to get here that would be 2 week turn around :face-icon-small-sad

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Hmmm that's not gonna work even ups or fedex take a week to get here that would be 2 week turn around :face-icon-small-sad

Get a hold of Diann(SafetyBob) and see what she can do for you. She could probably get you one on the way before you ship yours down since you're in AK. I hope they can work with you guys that are so far away.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Get a hold of Diann(SafetyBob) and see what she can do for you. She could probably get you one on the way before you ship yours down since you're in AK. I hope they can work with you guys that are so far away.

Ya that's what I'm thinking, hell I'd even pay a deposit so I won't be down so long.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
BS Mag, you can get Fedex overnight, both down and back... I know it only too well:face-icon-small-hap

True I can overnight it down but will it be overnighted back up? My intercooler is coming Fedex and it shipped Monday from Montana and isn't scheduled for delivery until next Monday. Pull some strings buddy, see if you can get it to me by Saturday :beer;

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
True I can overnight it down but will it be overnighted back up? My intercooler is coming Fedex and it shipped Monday from Montana and isn't scheduled for delivery until next Monday. Pull some strings buddy, see if you can get it to me by Saturday :beer;

True. I hate it when I send something out overnight and they send it back in the MAIL! Sounds like you intercooler got shipped ground, that too sux coming up here. Usually 4 days to us here. You stand a good chance to see that on Friday.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
True. I hate it when I send something out overnight and they send it back in the MAIL! Sounds like you intercooler got shipped ground, that too sux coming up here. Usually 4 days to us here. You stand a good chance to see that on Friday.

Not a chance :face-icon-small-sad

1.jpg

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
That means it should be in Anc tommorrow cuz even the ground gets plown up here. Not sure if they use the fedex express line haul to get it to Fai or if they use the ground side. There is still a chance for Friday. :hurt:

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
That means it should be in Anc tommorrow cuz even the ground gets plown up here. Not sure if they use the fedex express line haul to get it to Fai or if they use the ground side. There is still a chance for Friday. :hurt:

Man I hope so otherwise I gotta put it back together, ride Sunday and tear it back apart again Monday. :face-icon-small-dis

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Sorry for the rant. Hope mine goes as fast and smooth! What did they change in the update part?

I heard part of the problem is that snow flies up and lands on the unit. Then it melts and works its way in via the sides of the LCD screen. After the water gets in there it shorts out some of the electrical components and causes all sorts of problems. Not sure if anyone has heard anything other than that???

Arc

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
I heard part of the problem is that snow flies up and lands on the unit. Then it melts and works its way in via the sides of the LCD screen. After the water gets in there it shorts out some of the electrical components and causes all sorts of problems. Not sure if anyone has heard anything other than that???

Arc

Thats what mine did. Every time I rode it I would have to take it apart and dry it out. Got the update, rode 4 times with no issues.

Premium Features