• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Dieing

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Not sure what exactly was going on but last sunday when riding when i came to a stop my sled would sometimes just die. This is the first time its ever happened to me and it would happen about 50% of the time during the last ride. Snow was over the hood all day, I was thinking maybe my exhaust was getting plugged but that wasn't the case. Sometimes it would die other times it wouldn't. Did seem like it was idleing a touch low but other then that the sled ran great. Any ideas?

SSE

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
MN
Check your battery connections, just a thought:face-icon-small-coo

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Pretty sure it's the exhaust. Mine does it too sometimes when you aren't on the throtle at all the track flips it up there and it can die. If you are on the gas it will stay running. At least that is what i found with mine.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Its not the exhaust i checked that alot. And wouldnt do it unless i came to a complete stop. Would idle for a few seconds then die. I adjusted my CO settings back a little. was too rich and was flooding it after running WFO in the deep.

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
Do you have an under tunnel exhaust? If so, I would bet that is the problem. In deep deep snow, mine will die on idle. Three Nytro's in our group and the two with under tunnel exhausts would stall out on idle after running through deep powder. The nytro with an under seat exhaust did not have a problem.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Yep i have an undertunnel exhaust. And i was like you thinking the same thing that the exhaust was getting plugged. So everytime it would die id look under the tunnel and check the exhaust. It was never plugged with snow at all. Ive rode twice now in deep snow after adjusting my CO settings down and have yet to have a problem. I checked my plugs and they were pretty wet. So i know it was running rich. And im guessing that it was flooding after doing hard pulls then just letting off the throttle. If you would start it right back up it would run just fine. Just my guess, all i know is it seems to be fixed. Im thinking a Fuel box with intake and exhaust mods would help a ton.

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
this might sound stupid but check your oil??? THey are very tempermentle if they get even a little low.. and the great part is trying to read that stupidly designed dipstick!!

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Yes I ment TORS sorry about that. Just as an update i haven't had the problem since i adjusted my CO settings. 3 rides now. have 3 more coming up this weekend. And 3 rides will be with a NEW TIMBERSLED REAR SKID. WooHOooo

Premium Features