• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Error Code 30

F
Jan 25, 2010
Please help
I have 08 Nytro MTX (new) that keeps shutting down at low RPM w/ error code 30 flashing. Dealer put a new oil sensor in with no change. If you turn the the machine off than re-start, no codes until another mile or two down the trail. The old oil sensor i was told tested bad, i thought a new one would end my worries...unfortunately this was not the answer.
Anybody experience similiar problems? Any guesses what to do next? going back to the yammi shop today but this is getting old and winter isn't waiting for me to have a running sled....:confused:
thanks for your replies

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
The wires for the oil pressure sensor are routed directly on top of the water pump. It is possible for the pump to get hot enough to melt the wire coating and ground out the wire therefore sending a false reading of low oil pressure(code 30).

F
Jan 25, 2010
wires seem to be intact and test ok per dealer. thanks for reply, my dealer seems just as stumped as me. The look on their faces wasn't very promising especially b/c they can't duplicate the problem at the shop.
I on the other hand have no problems getting the error code to flash, .9miles from truck with new sensor and sled shuts off. Turn off and restarts with no problems until shortly there after, error code 30.
the dealer is going to take it up to the pass, not enuff snow in town to rally around.
first 300 miles no problems, last 80 have been ridiculous. i can't go sledding for more than one day before i'm back at the shop. I'm not a hardcore rider, i primarily use my sled for backcountry skiing access and a little messing around..

Last edited:
Premium Features