• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin Pipe Question

R
Oct 1, 2008
YMIR BC
Would anybody be able to tell me if a set on non-ves pipes from a '99 will fit on my 97 wedge? Pleasepleaseplease...also, what sort of jetting changes should I expect going from stock single w/can to twins...thanks

S
Jan 10, 2010
Yes i believe they will......jetting will depend on what elevation you are riding at .....go to the manufacturer website of the pipes they should have a jetting spec section ........i have twin slp pipes on my 98 700 rmk .......i ride at 5000 -7000 feet i have 40,s for idle jetts and 165,s on my mains .....depending on weather temp

R
Oct 1, 2008
YMIR BC
Wow, I think I'm runnin 158 mains on mine, same elevation, maybe its a little drier there....I'm not quit sure of the manufacturer, the pipes are on the swap meet, and are kinda beat, I'd just like to see what kind of difference they'll make (I need more bottom end)

A
Jan 4, 2011
the 99 pipes will not work on the wedge chassis i tryed that same thing putting 99 pipes on a 98 and they wouldnt work cause the pipes went further forward on the 99 and the 98 r a little shorter they hit the frount supports by the nose cone not allowing the pipe to hook in to the flang

Premium Features