• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris 600 turbo life span and reliability?

T
Jan 12, 2010
hey i was thinkin about gettin a turbo 600 rmk. i was wondering how reliable they are, and what the life span of a motor is running like 11-12lbs of boost or race gas and then running less boost and running pump gas. and what in your opinon is the best kind of turbo to have. thanks for the help

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Theres a few guys around with pump gas 800's over 3000 miles.

The higher the boost the less time everything is going to last.

Unless you find a deal, get a pump gas 800, it still will out do a race gas 600 and the engine life is going to increase substantially. Its not just engine life either, its reeds, boots, exhaust donuts, etc. that suffer from high boost.

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Theres a few guys around with pump gas 800's over 3000 miles.

The higher the boost the less time everything is going to last.

Unless you find a deal, get a pump gas 800, it still will out do a race gas 600 and the engine life is going to increase substantially. Its not just engine life either, its reeds, boots, exhaust donuts, etc. that suffer from high boost.

I totally agree with that! A buddy of mine ran his 800 with 12-14psi on it for 5 years (seasons I want to say) on it. So pump gas with 6-8psi would last a long time then....JMHO

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
"Unless you find a deal, get a pump gas 800, it still will out do a race gas 600 and the engine life is going to increase substantially."

800 On pump gas against race gas 600 I beg to differ.. Boost for boost no doubt. Reliability HMM well I have 3 years of 12-14# on mine and have cranked it up to 16# a number of times. The only problem I have had is I had an exhaust boot blow... I got the flange to fix that problem and have not had a single problem sence.. I have not even replaced rings or pistons.. I know I am pushing the luck but I want to see how long she will go. When she blows shes gonna get a carls 685 with turbo porting..

To the original poster I say DO IT.. you wont be disapointed the little 600 will blow your mind and you dont have any of the 800 demons to deal with.. JMHO

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Second that for sure! My 600 with the High Mark kit was hard to beat and shocked everyone that i rode with. the sled would catwalk everywere and i rode the piss out of it for two seasons and it had two seasons on boost prior with no rebuild. I sold it to try the IQR chassie and really miss the power. The 600 liberty is the best engine polaris ever made in my book and High Mark rec really has there kits dialed in

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
Can't believe this point hasn't been introduced to the thread, but why is no one talking about the 700. Its got more power than the 600 and doesn't go through top ends and cranks like the 800. I'm running a 07 D700 with a steady diet of race fuel at 13 PSI and have over 2500 miles on it. Granted previous comments are true about high boost being hard on components (I have replaced exhaust donuts and springs, and even split the pipe at the seam, fixed with a quick welding job) but I guarantee that sled has a much better power band and higher HP (I am over 240 on the dyno) then a 600 running 14 psi (rode both 3 weeks ago). It also will destroy an 800 pumper. The 800 race gas on comparable boost will beat me................right up until the motor craters.

Premium Features