• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bad reeds on xp turbo

V
Sep 28, 2009
So How do i know if my reeds failed in my Xp I can only make about 5psi of boost and the sled will only tack to 7700 on a climb and My knock sensor is going off some times my egts are 1150 to 1200 I have no exhaust leaks that i can find

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
"no exhaust leaks that I can find"

have you presure tested it? My pipe had a crack on a weld and I looked at it once right in front of my face and did not notice it. Looked at it a second time and just noticed a little discoloration on the pipe from the exhaust coming out and then noticed the 12" long crack right on the seam.

if this is the case it should not cause your knock sensor to be going off though. Might be a different issue then the pipe or something else being cracked of you might have a couple different issues. :confused:

V
Sep 28, 2009
I am going to take the sled apart tonight to check the intake side and the pipe It has to have a leak some were. I think the knock thing is comeing from being way way to rich It has been getting better the more i turn in the jets I think i am at 1 turn with the pto side and 1 1/2 mag side with 380 mains

Skidoox600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
knock senor issue I have seen, guys cut out a small peice of paper and put it between the knock sensor and the head. Seemed to help stop that issue but will stick pick up real "knocking"...

R

rschaub

Oct 13, 2009
new underwood sd
Im currently testing out my aluminum intake boots i made , and am having good luck so far. found a couple of companys to produce them for me. All because of your same issues your having . Also i like to take boost from the reed side for the blow off valve. When you let off the throttle you get vacume, in return dumps boost imediatly, thus no run on.

H

High Roller

Last edited:
H

High Roller

Thats good to see that Dave and Jake are taking care of some of their customers. Maybe next time you talk with Dave ask him where my money is? Not to happy with funding their business.

Sweet man thanks!Before I even went to lunch today,Dave called and told me that he had seen the thread and Jake had a set of their own coming my way!Not stroking those guys,but if that isn't customer service,I don't know what is.Thanks Dave and Jake!!!

V
Sep 28, 2009
Well F**k I found my problem Does any one know were i can get my turbo cartage rebuild For a decent price. The turbo is a gt28rs or does any one know were i can buy parts for the turbo

turbo 001.jpg turbo 003.jpg

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
damn... That sucks. Something come out of the engine or go through the engine?
were you not runing a filter or any kind of screen?
I don't have room for a filter on my xp. but I put a screen over the intake so nothing big can get in.
I run atleast a screen on every thing if their is no room to put a filter on. I have only ran without a screen a few times at the dragstrip because I took my filter off.

Last edited:
V
Sep 28, 2009
That is the exhaust side Freaking skidoo popped a ring. When it popped a ring i looked in the turbo But could not tell it had been damaged I had to take the turbo apart to find it.

Premium Features