• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boondockers push to pass?

D
Nov 26, 2007
any one konw if you could put on an off on switch or button instead of the push and hold button that boondockers provides its a real pain to push and hold the button to get the extra boost

i currently just set the ebc to 10psi and ride and forget about the push to pass

mr.bloomenrader 2 u

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2008
highmore sd
hey it could be worse

Hey man, atl least u have yours! Been waitin for my ebc and my push to paSs. Since. Mmm
around octoberish! Count your blessings. Gettin pretty disgusted!!

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Question

I don't know about the on/off button, but I am curious at to how you like the push to pass?? How does it work otherwise? Any problems when you hold that thing in as far as tuning or performance changes??

D
Nov 26, 2007
button

yup had to wait a few months to get mine boondockers way behind the eight ball this year but it works great holding the button down is a real pain in the butt

have the pump gas set up with mini cooler and muffler runs perfect they have these kits dialed in olny thing i changed was the weights they sent they wher 67.5 lighten weights and i was over reving changed to 74 mtx weights like the old 700 had and its right at 8250

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I never even hooked mine up. I used it to run the numbers down on my ebc and that's it. I guess I don't get it. why not turn it up so it runs like the button is on all the time.

D
Nov 26, 2007
k

thats how i run it right now set at 12 and forget it but when i was buying it i thought it would be cool to have it set at 8 for boondocking hit the button for 12 to hill climb then back to 8 for some more boondocking not hold a button to boost it up

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Bringing this back to the top. I currently dont have the push to pass button but was interested in it if i could do as mentioned above. Would like to set my boost at like 10-12# then have a switch to add 2-3# for those times when i just can't quite reach the top.

But i guess for the few times id actually use it i could just turn the boost up on the EBC

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Bringing this back to the top. I currently dont have the push to pass button but was interested in it if i could do as mentioned above. Would like to set my boost at like 10-12# then have a switch to add 2-3# for those times when i just can't quite reach the top.

But i guess for the few times id actually use it i could just turn the boost up on the EBC
Yes, you can hook it up to a switch. This is exactly what I did. Just buy a switch of your liking at an auto store. I like to ride at 8lbs, more controllable boondocking and tree riding. When I get to a hill to climb I just push the switch to switch to 12-15lbs depending on how deep it is. Like others stated, why not run the boost the entire time up the hill? Doing it this way makes it quick to switch between boost settings. Yes, you can just change it on the EBC, but this way is just a push of switch. Love the EBC running a switch! I hope boondockers does not do away with the EBC, as they now incorporated boost into the fuel box.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Yes, you can hook it up to a switch. This is exactly what I did. Just buy a switch of your liking at an auto store. I like to ride at 8lbs, more controllable boondocking and tree riding. When I get to a hill to climb I just push the switch to switch to 12-15lbs depending on how deep it is. Like others stated, why not run the boost the entire time up the hill? Doing it this way makes it quick to switch between boost settings. Yes, you can just change it on the EBC, but this way is just a push of switch. Love the EBC running a switch! I hope boondockers does not do away with the EBC, as they now incorporated boost into the fuel box.
So do you run clutching to pull 8250 with 8 psi, and just let it over rev when you hit the switch?

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
So do you run clutching to pull 8250 with 8 psi, and just let it over rev when you hit the switch?
No over-revving. Clutching 8000 at 8 lbs and 8300-8400 at 15lbs. 8000 rpm works good at 8lbs because I am not worried about peak hp at 8lbs., but peak hp at 15lbs.

Last edited:
Premium Features