• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slidekicks

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Who has used them for a season and what do you think. Do they kick up as much snow/ice as the wire ones? How do they hold up? Thanks.

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Does this mean no one is using them? I'm just tired of breaking my wire ones when I forget their down and use reverse.

M

MEAT

Sep 13, 2008
Castlegar, B.C.
I've had mine on for a year and they work great. Not as good as the spring style ones on the ice; they just dont have the downforce required to kick much up. Everywhere else they work great.

A

aart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
had two days with mine and they are carbide tips, seemed to do a good job. other thing to consider is speed on the trails and trying to hit soft snow when you can. laugh at guys they race to the top and wonder why slides are smoking.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I had to give up on these. Couldn't keep them protected and got caught on the track and ripped off two times. Too bad as I really liked them.

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
I thought they work great, just wondering if Bigrock and I are having the same issue. It seems the plastic covered cable hits the track and has wore the coating off. Not sure if thats what Bigrock is talking about, but trying to find a fix now.

Picture 013.jpg

Last edited:
T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Ult680,

That looks like you grazed a rock or something else hard. I don't think that is from the track. Then again, what do I know.LOL

D

Dirt Digger

Mar 1, 2009
I have ran them 2 trips now and they work great. Nice thing to all of you that have them, if your not using the carbide ends you can just cut a 3 inch muffler clamp in half and have new ends. works great!!

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
Both sides are doing it and not sure if its the track or from sliding around corners and rubbing on the ground. I will be looking for a fix! Just better than the wire type for the reverse-ability!

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
I've had mine on for a year and they work great. Not as good as the spring style ones on the ice; they just dont have the downforce required to kick much up. Everywhere else they work great.
Had mine 2 years, what MEAT says is correct. You have to do some fine tuning to make sure they have the proper down force to get them "dig in".

Premium Features