• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the best boot

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
hey ladies i was wondering what u perfer in boots looking to get the ol lady some new ones let me know what u think please

B

BackCountryBabe

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 10, 2009
Island Park, Idaho
www.hasended.com
These are my favoriate boots

V258074.jpg

Not very good for sledding. But I love them

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
This is only a tough question because I know a lot of the ladies like "girly" and I think most (if not all) girl boots suck for warmth and waterproofness.

I ride with a Baffin Barrow. 12" high uppers, waterproof top to bottom, and rated to -148F. They get the job done. My feet have never been wet or cold. The only downside is they are a heavy boot, but it doesn't bother me. The people I ride with that wear their Klim boots and whatever step off into overflow and their feet get wet and that's just not how I want to ride all day.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Tough question!

For the pass 8 year I wore my Trekk boots with a liner, This year I'm wearing Klim Adrenaline GTX and I'm not completely sold on them.

I have sold Baffin boots and they seem to be a good boot.

Good Luck

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
This will be my 8th year in HMK's. They are warm, comfy and the BOA system just flat out ROCKS. :cool: I like the looks of the new Voyager, but I refuse to deal with laces... spoiled I guess. lol :rolleyes:

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Well first off does she want a snowboard style of boot or a regular type snow boot. The snowboard style is my favorite, they are stiff and take alot of getting used to especially if you are comming out of say like a whites pac boot or sorrels. I like the stiffer boot because I have weak ankles and feel protected. I have a pair of the klim boots, I like them but they rub my ankles. So I bought a pair of burton boots, the only problem with an actual snowboard boot is they don't hold up to the running boards, the toes and soles are getting really worn from kicking the boards already, Im certain at the end of this season they will be done for. I haven't tried the HMK's but I think next year I will be trying those. Can't say for sure about water proofness because my feet sweat so bad I can't say if it is water or sweat in any boots I've had. gross I know.

Last edited:
X
Jan 24, 2009
Eagle River
This is only a tough question because I know a lot of the ladies like "girly" and I think most (if not all) girl boots suck for warmth and waterproofness.

I ride with a Baffin Barrow. 12" high uppers, waterproof top to bottom, and rated to -148F. They get the job done. My feet have never been wet or cold. The only downside is they are a heavy boot, but it doesn't bother me. The people I ride with that wear their Klim boots and whatever step off into overflow and their feet get wet and that's just not how I want to ride all day.

I have these too and love the warmth. The only problem is I think I might have to start wearing braces or go back to my boarding boots for more support.

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
This will be my 8th year in HMK's. They are warm, comfy and the BOA system just flat out ROCKS. :cool: I like the looks of the new Voyager, but I refuse to deal with laces... spoiled I guess. lol :rolleyes:

I've been wanting a pair of HMK Boa's but can only find the black/orange pair for men. Do you have the men's or are there a pair for women I'm just not seeing?

Last edited:
T
Apr 1, 2009
This year I tried Nitro Anthem snowboard boots and I love them! I have worn trukke boots in the past but really needed ankle support. The nitro boots offer alot of ankle support and they are super light. I have also found that what kind of socks you wear also make a huge difference on keeping your feet warm and dry. My sister-in-law introduced me to Smartwool socks and they work really awesome!

http://www.nitrousa.com

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Currently wearing Smartwool and HMK's.....Not sure why my feet freeze, I think I am the only person on the face of the snowmobile world that it happens to :(. I have tried different socks, added a silk sock under my socks, added more insoles to make less room in the boot. Just don't have a fix besides adding hand/foot warmers to the boot. I wear a 7.5 shoe, so had to go w/ a size 8 HMK (7 to small), so there is a bit of room hence the adding of extra insoles.....I have tried to not have them tight on the calves/ankles incase cutting off the circulation. Just no worky :(

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
Currently wearing Smartwool and HMK's.....Not sure why my feet freeze, I think I am the only person on the face of the snowmobile world that it happens to :(. I have tried different socks, added a silk sock under my socks, added more insoles to make less room in the boot. Just don't have a fix besides adding hand/foot warmers to the boot. I wear a 7.5 shoe, so had to go w/ a size 8 HMK (7 to small), so there is a bit of room hence the adding of extra insoles.....I have tried to not have them tight on the calves/ankles incase cutting off the circulation. Just no worky :(

You could try a vapor barrier. Basically a waterproof, non-breathable sock. You wear that next to your skin, and then put a pair of woolies over the top. I've heard of that working for people when nothing else does.

Premium Features