• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex Vents - Snow on Belt ?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone have or know where to get Apex vents for the belt side covers ? I would like to replace the front vent to something that won't let snow through. Also has anyone made/seen a vent for the intercooler on a MCX turbo ? I think I might be getting some snow through it to my clutches. Anyone ?

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Yeah, without mesh over the IC there's alot of snow pooring in under certain snow condition (as in picture).
I put mesh over both the IC and over vent's, i used Textilene Plus from outdoortextiles.

20100103.jpg

Last edited:

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
I bought some of the SLP Flow-Rite material and had the wife sew them up and covered all the vents. Used to fill the nose full of snow all the time...now dry as a bone!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Any chance you could get me some close up pics of your setup ? I was thinking on doing the same thing. I must be getting a lot of snow though to
my belt.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
These vent kits (on top and side) were made by TJ's, which is now lincoln county customs in Wyoming. I replaced the screen on them last year and they use pet proof window screen. They dont let snow through. Eric
018.jpg

019.jpg

O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
xxx vent kit i just took some pet proof screen and placed over the stock venting then shoved the vent back into the side panel. works great. no snow getting through.
Copyofv3.jpg

v6.jpg

v9.jpg

Premium Features