• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo ZX?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
zx turbo

Get ahold of fasterrbyfuzzy on here...he just finished up a build on a zx...I know he ordered alot of the components from R&D...he is in walden, co right now so you probably wont get a response from him until next week.

Nick

Anyone running a turbo zx? Rode with someone who has boost and decided I think I need some!:D Nothing crazy, pumpgas safe, and kinda want to run an automotive turbo for sake of $$$$. But anyone got any pics to talk me into it!?

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
yeah im realy curious aswell. i have only seen one a couple years ago. but would love to see some old turbo iron since i will be building a zx 600sdi turbo in the spring.

Yeah thanks guys for the help....I'm gonna start gathering parts and hopefully get something together over the summer. Anyone have a cheap, smaller Garrett? haha

So what's involved with hacking out of the MPEM? Losing DPM you have to trick the computer, do I need to send it to the race department and have it programmed?

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Unplug the DPM manifold, toss it, vent to airbox and jet accordingly. Not much hacking involved.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have a ZX with a turbo. It is a aero system that I built about 4 years ago. I have put thousands of miles on it with straight av gas. I did send the box out. I think a stock box would be fine. The DPM solenoid is just hanging there. My only problems have been carb boots. Mike at CPI hooked me up with the first year Rev ones and they seem to hold up. My set up wants to run at 8500 rpm and about 1300 on the egt.

I have a ZX with a turbo. It is a aero system that I built about 4 years ago. I have put thousands of miles on it with straight av gas. I did send the box out. I think a stock box would be fine. The DPM solenoid is just hanging there. My only problems have been carb boots. Mike at CPI hooked me up with the first year Rev ones and they seem to hold up. My set up wants to run at 8500 rpm and about 1300 on the egt.

Do you have any under-hood pics of that sled!? Just trying to figure out some charge tube/mounting set-ups. Any issues with reeds?

I know you don't have to run one being an Aero, but does anyone have any experience with the CPI mechanical oil pumps to run a journal bearing turbo?

Thanks for the help guys!

Premium Features