• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Clutching Help On IQR 800 Turbo

B

bisonboy02

Apr 4, 2003
Fort McMurray, Canada
I am putting the finishing touches on my 800 turbo IQR. It is a 2006 IQR stretched to a 151" with a EZ Ryde suspension, 800 non-ves with a Aerocharger 53 series turbo.
I installed 20/41 gearing, 8 tooth drivers with a 2" track.
What would you guys recommend for clutching?
I am thinking along the lines of 10-66 weights with a almond/red spring with a 66-44.46 helix.
Does this sound like it might work for this set-up? Or am I way off?
Any help would be great.
Thanks

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
How much boost?

Doesn't sound like enough weight, and the helix is way wrong.

You need a straight helix. The turbos don't have chit for low end and you need to get the R's up there to get boost. The progressive helix's don't let r's come up as easy so it ends up with lots of lag. A negative angled helix would be ideal but most the guys use a straight helix. Seems most I have read about run between 44-48 degree straight helix.

Running 8psi boost on my 800 edge with 70 gram weights 170/260 cat spring, straight 36 degree helix(button clutch) Its not perfect, I am still working on the clutching a little but its pretty good when its jetted clean. Clutches are staying very cool.

Last edited:
P
Dec 12, 2007
the ones that I have built I have used a straight 51 degree helix, team pink spring and I think 74 gram mtx weights and added one gram to the tip

Premium Features